Our goal is to keep you safe. We know that losing power disrupts lives. That is why we are listening to our customers and finding ways to reduce the impact of Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS), without compromising safety.
We have the following resources available to support you throughout a PSPS.
Community Resource Centers
During a PSPS, we open Community Resource Centers where you can access resources in a safe location. Each center offers an ADA-accessible restroom and hand-washing station, basic medical equipment charging, device charging, Wi-Fi and other amenities.
Learn more about Community Resource Centers
Download potential community resource center locations (PDF, 544 KB)
Do you rely on electrical power for medical needs? Apply for the Medical Baseline Program to receive benefits such as extra PSPS notifications.
Will you need extra help during a PSPS?
If you or someone you know has a disability, or requires accessibility, financial or language support, PG&E has partnerships to provide resources to those who need them most. Resources include transportation, hotel stays and food replacements.
RESOURCES FOR THOSE WITH MEDICAL AND INDEPENDENT LIVING, ACCESSIBILITY, FINANCIAL, LANGUAGE AND AGING NEEDS
Find out if backup power is right for you, discover retailers and learn about financing options
- For joint preparation tips from PG&E, other California utilities and the California Public Utilities Commission, visit Prepare for Power Down.
- For disaster preparedness information, visit the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- For wildfire preparation information from CAL FIRE, visit Ready for Wildfire
- For information on California Public Utilities Commission safety efforts, visit CPUC wildfire information.
- For wildfire safety and protection information from California’s Fire Safe Council, visit CA Fire Safe Council.
- For climate and wildfire information, visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Find out what we are doing every day to make our system safer and more resilient. Also, learn how we're improving PSPS for our customers and communities.
Find safety tips and learn how to prepare for a PSPS.
Track the status of a current PSPS. Sign up for PSPS notifications and learn how and when you’ll be notified.