Following are details on how a customer may be eligible for the program.
- Customer must have a residential account with a utility company in the name of an adult living in the household
- Customer must demonstrate an uncontrollable or unplanned change in their ability to pay their PG&E bill
- Customer must not live in subsidized housing
- Customer must not have received REACH assistance within the past 18 months
- Customer income must not exceed the REACH income guidelines, which are currently 200 percent above the federal poverty guidelines. The same income guidelines are used for the CARE program. Review those guidelines on the CARE Program page.
- Customer must have received either a 15-day or a 48-hour disconnection notice
NOTE: This is not an all-inclusive list and is subject to periodic modifications. All guidelines are established by the REACH program.