©2023 Pacific Gas and Electric Company
What is the REACH program?
The Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help (REACH) program helps low-income families pay for energy during a crisis.
- REACH provides an energy credit for up to $500 based on the past due bill.
- Energy credit support is subject to funding availability.
Who funds the REACH program?
The nonprofit organization Dollar Energy Fund runs the REACH program.
- Dollar Energy Fund operates 170 offices in Northern and Central California.
Who is eligible for REACH?
To be eligible for REACH, a customer must:
- Have a residential account with a utility company
- Account must be in the name of an adult living in the household
- Have a past due balance of no more than $500
- If your past due balance is more than $500 at the time your application is reviewed, your application will be denied
- Have received either a 15-day or a 48-hour disconnection notice
- Not have received REACH assistance within the past 12 months
- Not have income that exceeds the REACH income guidelines
- REACH income guidelines are currently up to 200% above the federal poverty guidelines
- The same income guidelines are used for the CARE program
Note: This is not an all-inclusive list. It is subject to changes from time to time. All guidelines are established by the REACH program.
Shutoff for nonpayment is a last resort
Here's how PG&E works with its customers to avoid the disconnection of service.
Note: Customers are encouraged to enroll in assistance programs at any point in the process.
Apply for Vulnerable Customer Status
Does a service shutoff risk your life or health?
Arrange more time to pay
Having trouble paying your bill on time or in full? Set up a payment arrangement to extend your due date.
Donate to REACH and help low-income families in crisis
Supports California's low-income families in crisis. Donate to REACH as a one-time contribution or set up monthly donations:
- To make a one-time tax-deductible donation online, visit Dollar Energy Fund.
- To make monthly donations, use the form below.
If you need help completing this form, please call 1-877-660-6789.
*indicates required field
More financial assistance
Programs to manage energy bills
Find PG&E programs and community outreach projects designed to help you manage your energy bills.
Get third-party alerts
Help a friend or relative avoid a service shutoff due to an overlooked PG&E bill. Get third-party alerts, Know when their bills come due.
Low-cost home internet options
You could receive a $30 monthly discount off fast home internet.