Apply for the Medical Baseline Program
Receive extra energy at the lowest price
The Medical Baseline Program (also known as Medical Baseline Allowance) is a financial assistance program for residential customers who have special energy needs due to certain qualifying medical conditions.
Eligible customers may receive a "standard" Medical Baseline quantity of approximately 500 kilowatt-hours (kwh) of electricity and/or 25 therms of gas per month in addition to regular Baseline Allowance.
Approval of your Medical Baseline Program application still requires you to continue paying your monthly PG&E bill. Nonpayment can result in the disconnection of your utility services.
Find out whether you're eligible
To qualify, a California-licensed medical practitioner must certify that a full-time resident in your home has one of the following medical issues:
- Dependency on life-support equipment at home. For a list of equipment, visit Life-Support Equipment.
- Paraplegic, hemiplegic or quadriplegic condition
- Multiple sclerosis with special heating and/or cooling needs
- Scleroderma with special heating needs
- Life-threatening illness or compromised immune system, and special heating and/or cooling are needed to sustain life or prevent medical deterioration
Complete the following steps to apply for the Medical Baseline Program.
Download and print an application
- Medical Baseline Allowance Application (PDF, 38 KB)
- Solicitud de Extensión De La Tarifa Básica Por Razones Médicas (PDF, 293 KB)
- 醫療能源輔助計劃申請表 (201 KB)
Send your application
Mail your completed application to:
Attention: Medical Baseline
P.O. Box 8329
Stockton, CA 95208
Hearing-impaired customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf (TDDs) may call California Relay Service at 7-1-1.
Choose your Medical Baseline/Life Support contact
Set your contact preference online for how you would like to be notified in the event of a planned or unplanned service outage affecting your residence. Visit Medical Baseline/Life Support Contact Preference.
When your application is approved, you’ll begin receiving your additional Medical Baseline quantities of 500 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity and/or 25 therms of gas per month.
Apply for Medical Baseline/Life Support
Download and print an application.
Medical Baseline Program (sa Tagalog)
Available ang paglalarawan ng audio at transcript para sa video na ito: