(Revised December 2013)
Welcome to pge.com. This Website, pge.com, (the "Website") is operated by Pacific Gas and Electric Company ("PG&E," "the Company," "we," "us" or "our"). We are located at 77 Beale Street, San Francisco, California 94105; telephone 1 (800) 743-5000.
- User Accounts
- The Website offers a variety of functions and services, as described more fully below in Section 3 below ("Services"). Many of the Services provide information about customer accounts and other personal information. To protect privacy, we may require you to establish one or more user accounts to access such Services ("User Account"). We reserve the unqualified right (i) to accept or decline to accept an application to open a User Account; (ii) to terminate any User Account and (iii) to discontinue the provision of any Service related to such User Account.
- In connection with opening your User Account, you will either designate or receive a user name and password to establish your identity when you login to use certain Services. You agree (i) to provide accurate and complete information when opening a User Account; (ii) to update your information as necessary so it remains accurate and complete and (iii) not to impersonate any other person, operate under an alias, or otherwise conceal your identity.
- By establishing a User Account and obtaining access to customer energy and billing data, you are agreeing and representing that you are either (1) the PG&E customer for such energy and billing data; or (2) a representative of the PG&E customer, duly and expressly authorized in writing by the customer to obtain access to such energy and billing data on that customer's behalf.
- The right to use the Services and functions of a User Account on the Website is limited to you as the enrolling party. You are responsible for safeguarding your user name and password and agree to hold PG&E harmless from any claims resulting from improper use of your user name and password. You agree to be responsible for all acts or omissions with respect to use of your User Account. Please notify us immediately by sending us an email message if you believe the security of your user name or password has been compromised in any way.
- My Energy Online Service Customers can enroll in My Energy and access a variety of account and payment tools. With My Energy, you can view your PG&E bill, enroll in paperless billing, make a one-time payment, or establish automatic bill payments. If you elect to make a payment to your PG&E account, the follow terms apply:
- An Overview of My Energy.
- Eligibility. Customers may use in PG&E's online billing and online payment services (collectively, the "Online Service").
- Fees. PG&E does not charge you a fee for paying your bill using the Online Service. However, your eligible bank or other financial institution ("Financial Institution") may charge you additional fees related to your Bank Account (e.g., fees for attempting transfers without sufficient funds). If a transaction is not honored by your Financial Institution, PG&E may charge you additional fees to your PG&E account. PG&E reserves the right to begin charging fees for the Online Services after reasonable notice is provided to customers using the Online Service.
- Updating PG&E Account. As a user of PG&E's Online Service, it is your responsibility to ensure that your contact and other required information such as your name and email address and bank account information is current, accurate, and updated promptly. If your contact information is not correct, PG&E will be unable to communicate with you regarding your account. You are responsible for paying your PG&E bill in full and on time regardless of whether you receive a notification from or on behalf of PG&E.
- Online Billing. PG&E's online billing program allows you to view your PG&E utility bill for those PG&E account(s) you have linked to your PG&E account(s) in MyEnergy ("Online Billing"). Online bills are electronic versions of your paper PG&E bill that you will be able to receive, view, and pay online. All of the information you receive in your PG&E paper bill is presented online, and the frequency of the bill remains the same. You can print your bill for your records, and set reminders for yourself to pay your bill when payment is due.
- Enrolling in Paperless Billing. If you no longer want to receive a paper bill, you have the option to enroll in paperless billing. When you enroll in paperless billing, your bill will be available for viewing online and PG&E will no longer send you a paper bill in the mail for those registered PG&E account(s).
- Withdrawal from Paperless Billing. You may decide to withdraw from participating in the paperless billing program at any time without penalty. If you wish to cancel your participation in this program, please go to My Energy and select the option to "Resume Paper Bills" for the desired account.
- Notifications. When you enroll in paperless billing you will be asked how you want PG&E to notify you that your online bill is available for viewing and payment. Currently, you have the option to instruct PG&E to send you an electronic notification via (1) email, (2) voice messaging, or (3) text message. Once you have selected one or more of these methods, PG&E will notify you as per your selected preference. If you do not receive your email notification from PG&E, please verify the notification is not in your SPAM, JUNK or BULK mail folders. The email notification is sent as a reminder to view your bill. Be sure to add our email address of firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved senders list so your Internet Service Provider will accept these monthly email reminders.
- Late Payment, Collections and Shut-Off Notices. Late payment and service termination notices may be sent electronically or by U.S. Mail to the mailing address on record. In addition, residential customers will receive a telephone call or an in-person visit at least 24 hours in advance of service disconnection.
- Third Party Notification. If you wish to have your online bill sent to a third party acting on your behalf ("Representative"), you must send PG&E a written notice, signed by you, instructing PG&E to send your online bill to the Representative. You may access and download the PG&E-approved form ("Authorization to Receive Customer Information or Act upon a Customer's Behalf") https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/customer-service/other-services/brochures-and-forms/brochures-and-forms.page. Once you have completed the form, please print, sign and return it to PG&E at the fax number or mailing address on this authorization form.
- Online Payment.
- Bank Account. To pay your bill using the Online Service, you must designate an eligible deposit or other asset account ("Bank Account") at a Financial Institution from which payments will be made. You hereby agree that, by scheduling a payment from your Bank Account, you authorize PG&E to initiate debit entries to your Bank Account in such amount(s), initiate any debit or credit entries to your Bank Account necessary to correct any error in a payment, and communicate with your Financial Institution regarding your Bank Account, participation in Online Billing and/or use of the Online Service (e.g., ensure proper credit has been applied to your Bank Account). You also must authorize your Financial Institution to debit or credit your Bank Account in the amount of such payments or corrections. You agree that you have all necessary right, power, and authority to authorize each such payment. This authorization shall remain in full force and effect until PG&E has received written notice from you of your termination of such authorization in such time and in such manner as to afford PG&E and your Financial Institution a reasonable period of time to respond and act upon your written notice.
- Payment Amount Limitations. For any payment made through the Online Service, the amount of funds you may use is limited by the amount of available funds you have in your Bank Account, including any available overdraft protection you may have with your Financial Institution. You agree to maintain sufficient funds in your Bank Account to satisfy your bill payments and that PG&E will have no obligation to complete a transaction if sufficient funds are not available at the time your payment is submitted. You also understand and agree that PG&E's access to your Bank Account may be limited by your agreement(s) with your Financial Institution governing the Bank Account and by applicable law and regulations.
- Payment Processing for Online Payment. Payments made Monday through Friday before 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard/Daylight Savings Time will post to your account the same day. Payments made online after 5:00 p.m. (PST) or on weekends or holidays will post to your account on the evening of the next business day (i.e., Monday through Friday, except for banking holidays.) To avoid late payment please ensure that your payment is made prior to 5 p.m. on the due date of the bill. You are solely responsible for making payments sufficiently prior to the due date, and you are solely responsible for any late fees.
- Recurring Payment Program. Recurring Payments, automatic payments will continue to be processed against the Bank Account information on file until your notice of change has been received and processed by PG&E. Changes to your contact and other information can be made online by selecting "Update Your Profile" from any screen within My Energy.& Please be advised that PG&E reserves the right to terminate your participation in the My Energy Recurring Payment program if your payment is rejected more than twice within any consecutive rolling twelve (12) month period.
- Denial of Use. If you develop credit conditions (e.g., excessive Return to Maker payments due to insufficient funds) and PG&E designates you as a credit risk, you cannot make online payments via My Energy, set up recurring payments or change scheduled payments.
- Unauthorized Transfers. If you believe someone has improperly accessed your Bank Account through the Online Service without your permission, please contact PG&E
- Changes to Online Billing and Online Payment. PG&E reserves the right to discontinue the Online Billing and/or Online Payment services at any time for any reason upon notice. PG&E will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any material change to the Online Service or the suspension or termination of the Online Billing or the Online Payment services by notifying you or posting a notice on the Site; but PG&E shall not be required to do so nor shall PG&E be liable for any failure to do so. PG&E's suspension, termination or discontinuation of its Online Billing or its Online Payment services shall not affect your liability to access and use other services and tools on My Energy or otherwise access your PG&E account.
- Online Payment. You may also use My Energy to analyze bills; view usage history; schedule gas service appointments; start, stop or transfer services; make payment arrangements for past due balances and access other services as they become available
- Business Area. Certain business customers can enroll in and access services in the Business Tools area of the Website to analyze energy usage; review billing history; compare rates; and check energy outage and restoration status.
- Customer Energy Management. The Website offers information about energy-efficiency measures and energy conservation programs developed by or for the Company that is available to the public.
- Merchant Information. The Website may enable you to search for third-party businesses selling energy-related goods and services in certain geographical locations. PG&E IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SELLING ENERGY-RELATED GOODS OR PROVIDING SUCH SERVICES AND DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY SUCH BUSINESSES, GOODS OR SERVICES.
- Sites for Children. The Website has areas intended for the use of children. These areas contain information about energy and safety that is presented and formatted for children, kindergarten to 10th grade. The Website also includes free guides for teachers to use in the classroom.
- Promotions. The Company may from time to time offer promotions, surveys, contests or sweepstakes (collectively, "Promotions") to its residential or business customers. All such Promotions will be accompanied and governed by rules established by the Company. For further information about such Promotions, please consult the applicable rules posted with or linked to such Promotions.
- Outside Services
The Website will enable you to access certain outside services provided by third-party web operators. In certain instances, the third-party content may be "framed" in such a way it appears you are still on PG&E's Website. In such cases, we will have agreements with those third parties whose websites you may be transferred to, under which the third parties agree to provide content without errors and omissions. They also agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and to use it only to help us serve you.
- Linking, Framing, Bots and Spiders
- Links to Third-Party Sites. The Company displays links to websites or electronic services sponsored by third parties. PG&E is not responsible for the content or operation of third-party websites or electronic services reached by virtue of such links or content, and the presence of such links or content does not imply PG&E endorses or is affiliated with such third-party websites, services or third parties, or any services or products they offer. The submitting third parties, and not the Company, are solely responsible for any advertisements, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, data, information, content, or other materials that such third parties express or make available.
- Links to the Website. The Website may not be linked to in such a way that the pages of the Website are displayed within a frame on a third-party website, or are otherwise displayed on a browser screen accompanied by advertising or other content not found on the Website. The fact that a third party provides a link to the Website will not in any way be or imply an endorsement, agency, joint venture or similar relationship between PG&E and any such third party.
- Mining. No user or third party is authorized to use any software, bots, spiders, or other information-gathering devices or programming routines to monitor, copy, or otherwise "mine" information displayed on the Website for display on or use with any Website or service, except as authorized by PG&E or by a PG&E customer of record.
- The trademarks, service marks, logos, graphics, page headers, button icons, scripts, domain names, URLs and other identifiers ("Trademarks") used and displayed on the Website are registered and unregistered Trademarks of the Company and others in the United States and other countries. No display or use of such Trademarks may be made without the express prior written permission of PG&E or other Trademark owner, as the case may be. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing PG&E's name or Trademarks without the express prior written permission of PG&E.
- If you believe that material included on the Website infringes another party's trademark rights, contact us promptly so PG&E may investigate the situation and, if appropriate, block or remove the material.
When you login to Services requiring a user name and password, any personal information you enter in fields or forms provided in these Services are secured using an industry standard security technology known as Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL"). By using SSL, we attempt to safeguard the confidentiality of your user name, password and other personal information. For SSL to work, your browser must be capable of supporting SSL. Please check with your browser manufacturer for details.
- User Conduct
While using the Website or any Service, you may not:
- Retransmit, republish, distribute, reuse, resell, repost, re-engineer or make multiple copies of the Website or any portion thereof without PG&E's prior written consent.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the Website any material that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, trade dress, trade secret or other proprietary rights, or which violates any contractual, fiduciary, or judicially imposed nondisclosure obligations.
- Engage in conduct, during use of the Website, that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, defamatory, libelous or invasive of the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the Website any material that contains advertising solicitations, bulk unsolicited emails or spam, chain letters, pyramid opportunities or offers for the sale of goods or services.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the Website, or place any links on the Website to, any material that is vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable.
- Alter, interfere or disrupt the content or functioning of the Website or the Service, including but not limited to uploading, posting or transmitting any material that (i) contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that damage, interfere with, capture, intercept or expropriate the Website or any data contained therein; or (ii) disproportionately burdens the operation of the Website.
- Use the Website to gain unauthorized entry or access to other computer systems or networks.
- "Mirror" the Website or any of its content on any other server without the express prior written permission of PG&E.
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, forge headers, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content you post or otherwise transmit to us or via the Website.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the Website any material encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law, regulation or government order.
In PG&E's sole and absolute discretion, we may, without notice, restrict or terminate any person's use of the Website and any service, user accounts, user names or passwords. Upon termination, you agree to immediately delete or destroy any downloaded or printed material obtained from the Website. Any such restriction or termination will not relieve any person of obligations incurred and accrued prior to the effective date of such termination.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- The Website and any content, information, software, functions and applets provided on or through the Website are made available on an "as is" and "as available" basis. PG&E does not warrant the Website or any content or Service provided in connection with the Website will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the Website or in any content or service provided on or through the Website, if any exist from time to time, will be corrected.
- The Company will not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in the operation or transmission of the Website, any Services or related content, for communication line failures, or for computer viruses associated with the operation of the Website. The Company makes no warranty regarding any information made available through or on the Website. THE COMPANY MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- Limitation of Liability
- PG&E, its affiliates or subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns, will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, incidental, exemplary, special or punitive damages (including without limitation damages resulting from lost data, lost profits or costs of procurement of substitute products or services) arising out of or in connection with the Website or any of the Services available on or through the Website.
- In no event will the liability of PG&E, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns, under any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) exceed $500, regardless of whether such parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS IN SECTION 11 ("DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES") AND THIS SECTION 12 ("LIMITATION OF LIABILITY") MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Director, Online Communications
Mail Code B29G
77 Beale Street
P.O. Box 770000
San Francisco, CA 94177