Apply for Medical Baseline Allowance
Get extra energy at the lowest price
To qualify, a California-licensed physician must certify that a full-time resident in your home has one of the following medical issues:
- Dependency on life-support equipment at home. For a list of equipment, visit Life-Support Equipment.
- Paraplegic, hemiplegic or quadriplegic condition
- Multiple sclerosis with special heating and/or cooling needs
- Scleroderma with special heating needs
- Life-threatening illness or compromised immune system, and special heating and/or cooling are needed to sustain life or prevent medical deterioration
PLEASE NOTE: Life-support equipment includes any medical device used to sustain life. Devices include equipment used for mobility, per a licensed doctor. Equipment is for home-use only. Equipment used for therapy generally does not qualify.
Notify PG&E if someone living full-time in your home is on life-support equipment. We’ll place a special code on your account. We use this code to notify you if service will be interrupted due to the following conditions:
- Planned maintenance
- Planned repairs
- Planned interruptions
- Rolling blackouts
We cannot provide advance notice of unscheduled interruptions, including:
- Equipment failure
Choose your Medical Baseline/Life Support contact
You can now provide your Medical Baseline/Life Support contact preference online. Visit Medical Baseline/Life Support Contact Preference. This information is important if there is a planned or unplanned outage. If you did not receive a letter, call us at 1-800-743-5000.
Apply for Medical Baseline/Life Support
Download and print an application.
For general questions, contact Customer Service at 1-800-743-5000.
Access additional resources
Find more programs that can offer help.
- Breathe Easy Solutions™ can help you manage your energy bills. Download PG&E Programs to Manage Your Energy Bills (PDF, 213 KB).
- We want to work with you to help resolve your bill and avoid shutoffs. Visit Customer Outreach Program Before Disconnect.
- If having your service shut off would harm you, we can help. Visit Vulnerable Customer.
- Illness and hardships make it tough to pay bills. If you worry about someone’s ability to pay, we can notify you when payment is late. Sign up for our Third-Party Notification program. Visit Third-Party Notification.
- Make a healthy connection. WEConnect is a program that links you to health-related services. Visit WEConnect.