Pursuant to California Public Utilities Commission ("CPUC") Decision ("D.") 20-06-002, the Central Procurement Entity Decision ("CPE Decision"), D. 20-12-006, the Local Capacity Requirement Reduction Compensation Mechanism Decision ("LCR RCM Decision") and D.22-03-034 (“RA OIR Phase 1 Decision”) (collectively, the “Decisions”), Pacific Gas and Electric Company ("PG&E") acting as the Central Procurement Entity in its distribution service area ("CPE" or "PG&E CPE") is issuing its 2023 CPE Local RA RFO (“RFO”) to obtain self-shown commitments for Local RA from participants ("Participants") on behalf of all CPUC-jurisdictional load serving entities ("CPUC LSEs") in PG&E's distribution service area for the 2024 RA compliance year and beyond.
PG&E CPE is procuring Local RA or obtaining self-shown commitments for Local RA in areas within PG&E’s distribution service area that are transmission-constrained (“Local Capacity Areas”). Per the Decisions, PG&E is required to procure local capacity or obtain self-shown commitments for local capacity to meet the 3-year forward multi-year Local RA requirement on behalf of all CPUC LSEs within its electric distribution service area.
In 2023 PG&E CPE is required to procure or obtain self-shown commitments for 100 percent of the CPUC’s 2024 Local RA requirements, 100 percent of the CPUC’s 2025 Local RA requirements, and 50 percent of the CPUC’s 2026 Local RA requirements in PG&E’s distribution service area.
Links and resources
- Expected schedules
- Documents and materials
Note: All deadlines occur at 5 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT"), unless otherwise noted.
- 2023 CPE Local RA RFO – Solicitation Protocol (PDF) (Updated 07/12/2023)
- 2023 CPE Local RA RFO – Solicitation Protocol – Redline (PDF) (Updated 07/12/2023)
Offer Form Instructions
- CPE Offer Form Guide Appendix A1 (PDF)
- CPE Offer Form Guide Appendix A2 (PDF)
- CPE Offer Form Guide: Census Tract-CalEnviroScreen-Pollution Burden (PDF)
- Appendix A1 – Offer Form - Compensated Self-Shown Commitment (XLXS)
- Appendix A2 – Offer Form - Bundled RA & Bundled RA with Energy Settlement (XLXS)
- Appendix B1 – Supplemental Resource Information (XLXS) (Updated 04-13-2023)
- Appendix B2 – Supplemental Counterparty Financial Information (DOCX)
- Appendix C – FERC Order 717 (DOCX)
- Appendix D – Confidentiality Agreement (PDF)
- Appendix E1 – Compensated Self-Shown Commitment Agreement (DOCX)
- Appendix E2 – Resource Adequacy Agreement for Owner of Existing Resource (DOCX)
- Appendix E3 – Resource Adequacy Agreement for Owner of New Resource (DOCX)
- Appendix E4 – Resource Adequacy Agreement for Non-Owner of Existing Resource (DOCX)
- Appendix E5 – Resource Adequacy Agreement for Non-Owner of New Resource (DOCX)
- Appendix E6 - PG&E CPE EEI Master Power Purchase and Sale Agreement Cover Sheet (DOCX)
- Appendix E7 - PG&E CPE EEI Paragraph 10 to the Collateral Annex (DOCX)
- Appendix E8 - PG&E CPE Local RA Confirmation Letter (DOCX)
- Appendix F1 – Non-Compensated Self-Shown Commitment Form (XLXS)
- Appendix F2 – Compensated Self-Shown Commitment Form (XLXS)
- Appendix F3 – Default to Self-Shown Commitment Form (XLXS) (Updated 04-20-2023)
Additional documents and materials
All Participants will need to register with Power Advocate using the link below to gain access to submit a Non-Compensated Self-Shown Commitment or Competitive Offer into the RFO. Please note that there are three separate Power Advocate links for the RFO.
Ensure you register for the appropriate Power Advocate site:
- Non-Compensated Self-Shown Commitment Process
- Competitive Offers from PG&E Participant
- Competitive Offers from all Non-PG&E Participants
For more information, download the PowerAdvocate Instructions (PDF).
PG&E CPE hosted a Participants' Webinar on Thursday, March 30th, 2023, from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (PPT). The presentation of this event, along with the transcript and audio file, are available here.
Any updates to NQC values for resources committed via an attestation to the PG&E CPE during the 2022 CPE Local RA RFO process will be collected separately from the 2023 solicitation process.
Per OP 7 of CPUC D. 22-03-034, “A load-serving entity’s (LSE) self-shown commitment must be firm for Years 1 and 2. An LSE may replace its self-shown local resources for Year 3 with other local resources located in the same local capacity area and at least equal to the capacity of the local resources being replaced in the subsequent year’s Resource Adequacy showing.” Based on the compliance years sought in the 2022 PG&E CPE RFO, Years 1 and 2 were 2023-2024, and Year 3 was 2025.
Updates to previously executed attestations will not require a new signature and submittal through PowerAdvocate.
Please send questions or fully updated spreadsheets from previously submitted attestations to CPERAFilings@pge.com by August 1, 2023. Please be sure to highlight the changes and leave unchanged values unhighlighted.
Note: The schedules above and documents associated with the RFO are subject to change at PG&E CPE’s sole discretion at any time and for any reason. PG&E CPE will endeavor to notify Participants of any changes to the RFO but shall not be liable for any costs or liability incurred by Participants or any other party due to a change or for failing to provide notice or acceptable notice of any change.
To ensure the accuracy and consistency of information provided to all Participants, PG&E CPE encourages Participants to submit any inquiries via e-mail to CPESolicitations@pge.com and CC the Independent Examiner ("IE"), Merrimack Energy Group, Inc., at merrimackIE@merrimackenergy.com. With respect to a matter of general interest raised by any Participant, PG&E CPE may, without reference to the inquiring Participant, post the question and PG&E CPE's response on PG&E's website. PG&E CPE will attempt to respond to all inquiries but may decline to respond to any particular inquiry.
All correspondence will be monitored by the IE, who was selected to oversee this RFO. The IE is an independent, third-party evaluator who is required by the CPUC to monitor and evaluate the CPE’s RFO process as well as the contract execution process.
To receive notices about this RFO and to be added to PG&E's CPE RFO Distribution List, visit CPE Distribution List Form.
Note: PG&E CPE market notices and other emails circulated to large audiences can sometimes be mistaken for spam. Check your "Spam" or "Junk" folders for emails that include "PG&E" in their subject line that may have bypassed your inbox in error.
If you encounter any digital or disability access issues, or you would like to provide PG&E with feedback or suggestions regarding such access, please e-mail our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This mailbox is monitored during regular business hours (M-F; 8am-5pm). We will respond to your inquiry within 2 business days.
Explore interconnection to the grid with the California Independent System Operator (ISO).
- The ISO manages the flow of electricity across the grid's high-voltage, long-distance powerlines.