For the most up-to-date information in your language, please call 1-866-743-6589.
Support for our customers
When a major disaster strikes, PG&E's primary focus continues to be the safety and well-being of the affected customers and communities we serve. We recognize the hardships customers face and understand that billing is the last thing on your mind. To help ease your burden, we offer some additional support.
PG&E has a comprehensive disaster billing and credit policy in place to support our customers. As part of this policy, we will take the following actions:
- Stop estimated energy usage for billing attributed to the time period when the home/unit was unoccupied as result of the emergency
- Discontinue billing for destroyed homes or businesses
- Prorate any monthly access charge or minimum charges
We are committed to always providing customers gas and electric service, regardless of their ability to pay. We will also waive all costs of starting or stopping gas and electric service and will waive any security deposit requirements.
- Flexible payment plan
- Suspend disconnection for non-payment and associated fees, waive deposit and late free requirements for residential customers
During a major disaster, we offer additional support for customers that qualify designed to help save money on their bill.
- Freezing all standard and high-usage reviews for the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program eligibility in impacted counties.
- CARE Program qualified households can save 20% or more each month on their energy bill.
- Contact all community outreach contractors, the community-based organizations who assist in enrolling hard-to-reach low-income customers into CARE, in impacted counties to help better inform customers of these eligibility changes.
- Partner with the program administrator of the customer funded emergency assistance program for low-income customers and increase the assistance limit amount for the next 12 months for impacted customers.
- Indicate how the energy savings assistance program can be deployed to assist impacted customers.
- PG&E proposes to modify qualification requirements for the Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program by allowing residential customers to self-certify they meet income qualifications if the customer lives in the designated affected county and they meet one of the following:
- The customer states that they lost documentation necessary for income verification as a result of the disaster.
- The customer states that individuals displaced by the disaster reside in the household.
- Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help (REACH) – Provides qualified customers with financial assistance during times of hardship. Customers impacted by a natural disaster are eligible for up to $600 in financial assistance. Certain limitations may apply.
- Medical Baseline – Provides financial assistance to customers who have additional energy needs due to certain qualifying medication conditions.
Additional programs to assist you when you're ready
- Quick gas and electric service – To help you move quickly, we will expedite setting up your new account and if your temporary or new home doesn't already have gas and electric service, we will turn it on the next business day. Get started by calling us at 1-800-743-5000.
- Net Energy Metering (NEM, NEM2) Interconnections – For impacted customers who are ready to re-connect their renewable energy systems under their previously selected rate plan we will:
- Waive the interconnection application fee for generators not greater than 1,000 kW.
- Allow customers to stay on their previously selected NEM rate plan if their systems are sized to be no larger than the customer's electricity need, and must be no larger than 1,000 kW for NEM customers.
- Get started by submitting your Standard NEM Interconnection application at egi-pge.com.
- Payment plan options – Once you start receiving gas and electric service again, we are offering flexible payment plans to support you during these difficult times. To set up your payment plan, call us at 1-800-743-5000.
We're here to help
If you would like to enroll in the programs mentioned above, make payment arrangements, or if you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-743-5000. Our dedicated staff is here to help during this difficult time.
.6589-743-866-1 للحصول على أحدث المعلومات بلغتك، الرجاء الاتصال على
ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਨਵੀਨਤਮ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਲਈ, ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ 1-866-743-6589 ਤੇ ਕਾਲ ਕਰੋ.
لطفا برای دریافت آخرین اطلاعات به زبان خود، با شماره 1-866-743-6589 تماس حاصل کنید.
សម្រាប់ព័ត៌មានថ្មីៗបំផុតជាភាសារបស់អ្នក សូមទូរស័ព្ទមកកាន់លេខ 1-866-743-6589
Rau feem ntau ntaub ntawv qhia txog sij hawm tam sim no nyob rau hauv koj hom lus, thov hu rau 1-866-743-6589