Urgent Alert

Land use & sales​

Learn about PG&E-owned land 

Are you a developer or a homeowner who needs assistance with a PG&E land-related issue?


Our land department team can help with:

  • Services related to PG&E easements or to PG&E-owned lands
  • Inquiries about working near PG&E facilities

To view a full list of service or to request information, visit the Easement and Property Requests page.

Understand PG&E's watershed land support

PG&E's hydroelectric system is comprised of more than 100 reservoirs, numerous powerhouses and various other facilities.

  • Hydroelectric power is a clean and dependable source of energy. 
  • These facilities are regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) as well as the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).

Learn more at hydropower and water safety 

Using our facilities

PG&E strives to be a steward of the environment. We hold ourselves to the highest standards to protect California’s pristine lands.

  • It is our responsibility to manage the areas associated with our hydroelectric recreational facilities.
  • These areas include boat docks, buoys and recreational home sites—plus, uses requiring licenses, leases or other forms of agreement.

For more information, download PG&E's watershed lands leases and licenses FAQ (PDF).


Do you have questions regarding leases and licenses at Bass Lake, Bucks Lake or Lake Almanor?

Review the information in our Hydro Support Team Contact map. For areas not listed, email our Hydro Support Inbox at HydroLandSupport@pge.com.

Bass Lake, Bucks Lake and Lake Almanor

Bass Lake is located in the foothills of California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains in Madera County. It is roughly five miles long and 0.5 miles wide. It has just under 15 miles of shoreline.

  • The lake was developed in 1904 by A.G. Wishon and William B. Day as a water-storage operation with the construction of the Crane Valley Dam.
  • Bass Lake’s pine-trimmed shores and warm waters attract a variety of recreational uses, including: 
    • Skiing
    • Boating
    • Fishing
    • Sailing


Still have questions?

Bucks Lake is an integral part of PG&E’s hydroelectric system. It is also home to several campgrounds, numerous recreational home sites and businesses.

  • The area surrounding Bucks Lake was the summer home and hunting ground of the Maidu.
  • During the Gold Rush of 1850, three men took up a land claim in Bucks Valley. One of the men, Horace Buckman, became Bucks Lake’s namesake.
  • The lake supports an abundant cold-water fishery that includes several trout species, kokanee salmon and sunfish.


Still have questions?

Lake Almanor is the largest reservoir in PG&E's hydroelectric system. It has roughly 52 miles of shoreline and just under 44 square miles of surface area.

  • The area was known as Big Meadows before the construction of the dam. It was the historical home of the Mountain Maidu.
  • PG&E's predecessor, Great Western Power, completed the dam and filled the lake in 1914. It has been generating clearn energy ever since.
  • Lake Almanor is home to many species, including:
    • A large osprey population
    • Grebe
    • Bald eagles
    • Trout
    • Bass
    • Salmon
    • Otters


Still have questions?

Find surplus PG&E real estate


PG&E seeks to sell its surplus property to return it to productive reuse. These properties include:

  • Rural land
  • Urban infill
  • Suburban infill

They also include properties that may be developed as:

  • Offices
  • Industrial
  • Commercial
  • Residential

In preparing properties for sale, PG&E performs pre-sale commercial and environmental reviews.

  • All records are made available to the interested buyers.
  • As a regulated utility, PG&E has standard sales terms.
  • Properties are sold "as-is."
  • Most properties are sold clear of any further PG&E encumbrances.
  • Some properties will have a PG&E easement for utilities.
  • Certain property sales are subject to review/approval by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).



CPUC Tribal Land Transfer Policy


For those properties subject to review/approval by the CPUC, in accordance with the  CPUC Tribal Land Transfer Policy, PG&E must notify any Native American tribes with a historical interest in the land that PG&E proposes to sell before putting the property on the market.


View all the notices PG&E has posted in connection with the Tribal Land Transfer Policy.


Note: Unless the property was under contract or on the market prior to implementation of the Tribal Land Transfer Policy, Tribal Notifications have been sent. The response period has passed for the properties listed as real estate currently for sale.



Real estate currently for sale


Download Arcata, Hilton Lane & Alder Grove Road, ± 5.969 acres (PDF)

Download Bakersfield, Rosedale Hwy, ±46 acres (PDF)

Download Coalinga, 240 Coalinga Plaza, ±7,013 sq. ft. (PDF)

Download Dinuba, 152 North K Street, ±0.258 acre (PDF)

Download Lemoore, 208 West D Street, ±0.17 acre (PDF)

Download Mountain View, Crittenden Lane, ±20.8 acres (PDF)

Download Oakland, 6537 Foothill Blvd, ±0.61 acre (PDF)

Download Oakdale, 250 North 3rd Avenue, ±0.17 acre (PDF)

Download Red Bluff, 600 Rio Street, ±0.91 acre (PDF)

Download Richmond, Brickyard Cove Rd, ±5.91 acres (PDF)

Download Richmond, Roosevelt Avenue, ±3,875 sq ft (PDF)

Download Sacramento, Front St, ±8.25 acres (PDF)

Download Selma, 1745 2nd Street, ±0.868 acre (PDF)

Download Vacaville, Shelton Lane, ±5 acres (PDF)

Download Walnut Creek, 375 North Wiget Lane, ±0.521-acre (PDF)



Do you want to know when properties come on the market in your area?


Contact landsales@pge.com.

More on land use

Easement and property requests

Find out how to submit inquiries or requests about PG&E property, easements, quitclaims and more.