Ways to save on gas costs for businesses
Lower your gas costs and improve operations at your business with these resources
From quick-and-easy changes to big energy-saving projects, cutting back on gas consumption benefits everyone.
Start with simple steps
Make an immediate difference in your energy costs with these easy changes:
- Turn off equipment when not in use.
- Verify that the timed settings on your heating and air conditioning system match when your building is in use.
- Lower the thermostat on your furnace by one degree and save up to 3 percent in energy usage.
- Close curtains, shades and blinds at night, on weekends and all times when your building is unoccupied.
Find quick energy-saving fixes
Use this checklist when planning for upgrades:
- Add weather stripping, caulking or foam insulation around windows and doors to help reduce drafts.
- Caulk ducts, plumbing openings, recessed lighting fixtures and other spaces that leak air into walls, floors and ceilings.
- Upgrade to products with the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Ensure that the furnace damper works correctly to avoid heating cold, outside air.
Plan for big energy-saver projects
Start budgeting for energy saving upgrades:
- Hire a contractor to check your central heating and cooling ducts for leaks. Sealing and insulating air ducts can help improve system efficiency by up to 20 percent.
- Replace windows with high-efficiency ENERGY STAR windows. Replacing windows can help reduce your heating and cooling costs by up to 15 percent.
- Fix or upgrade defective plumbing, air ducts and pipes.
Locate contractors and trade professionals
Find local trade professionals and contractors who participate in the PG&E Energy-Efficiency Rebates for Your Business program. Visit Search Trade Professionals.
Skip the paperwork and receive instant rebates directly on your invoice when upgrading to energy efficient foodservice equipment.
Download PG&E’s business rebate catalog for insulation, water heating and laundry equipment.
Browse our business rebate and catalog to find eligible products or find out how to earn customized incentives for your business.
Get financing up to $4,000,000 when you upgrade to new, energy-efficient equipment for your business through our Energy Efficiency Financing Program.