Learn about cooling centers
Find ways to stay out of the heat
Your life can be at risk if you stay in extreme heat for too long. Visit Summer Safety Tips.
Discover cooling centers
A cooling center is a place where you and your family can go to cool off during hot summer days. Cooling centers are open to everyone.
Cooling center locations include:
- Government-run senior centers
- Community centers
- Parks and recreation sites
- Public buildings, such as libraries
Resources to find a cooling center near you
Check with your local city or county for a comprehensive list of cooling centers.
For additional cooling center locations please go to https://www.caloes.ca.gov/cooling-centers/.
Transportation to and from a cooling center is available. Call 211 or text 211-211, 24 hours a day. It’s free to call for California residents.
A limited list of cooling centers that have partnered with PG&E can be located here:
- Designated Cooling Center Locations (PDF, 177 KB)
PLEASE NOTE: Hours and locations are subject to change
- Visit the Cooling Center Locator Map
PLEASE NOTE: All cooling centers on map may need to be displayed before you are able to select one
- Call the toll-free PG&E number: 1-877-474-3266
Prevent heat-related emergencies
Contact the State hotline for heat events at 1-877-435-7021.
Follow these guidelines to stay safe during warm weather:
- Plan ahead and check the weather forecast.
- Stay hydrated.
- Go to a cool place like a mall or library.
Stay safe during the summer. Visit Summer Safety Tips.