Congratulations on your new home
Learn about SmartAC
The SmartAC program is voluntary and there’s no penalty for non-participation. The program helps prevent power interruptions. On hot summer days when demand increases because thousands of customers are using their air conditioning units, PG&E may remotely activate SmartAC devices in order to help maintain adequate power supplies and avoid power interruptions.
The SmartAC program benefits include:
- Free AC checkup
- A $50 check after installation
- Free technical support as long as you are in the program
- Maintaining control over your comfort and participation with the ability to opt out at any time
- Helping prevent summer power interruptions while staying comfortable
Want to learn more about SmartAC?
Visit the SmartAC program page
The SmartAC authorized contractor
The SmartAC authorized contractor is GoodCents. A GoodCents technician may contact you:
- To help you complete your enrollment
- To get your permission to activate the SmartAC device
- To install the SmartAC device, which may involve replacement with updated technology
- To help solve a tech issue you may have contacted the program about
- To visit your home and carry out the free AC check-up
- To leave a Welcome Kit door-hanger with your AC checkup results and program details
Decline participation in SmartAC
Prefer not to be enrolled in the program at this time?
View a sample statement
You can opt out by emailing your name, PG&E service address, PG&E Service Agreement ID (SA ID) and email address to: smartAC@pge.com.
Find your SA ID number on page 3 of your PG&E energy statement under “Details of Electric Charges.”
Agree to participate in SmartAC
If you agree to participate, please call us at 1-866-908-4916 or enroll online.