Receive a free Backup Power Transfer Meter
An exclusive offer for select customers with qualified generators
Thank you for your interest in the Backup Power Transfer Meter (BPTM). This free offer is available to PG&E customers who are located in a Tier 2 or 3 High Fire Threat District and/or served by an Enhanced Powerline Safety Setting (EPSS) circuit. Customers located in these areas must have a compatible generator, which can be downloaded in the link below. It is good for a limited time only and subject to change at any time. The offer is not transferrable.
Download the Backup Power Transfer Meter fact sheet (PDF, 110 KB)
Download How to safely connect a portable generator (PDF, 517 KB)
Download the list of compatible generators (XLSX, 34 KB)
Before submitting the request at the bottom of this page, please review the requirements below to ensure you're eligible.
Participant eligibility and site qualifications
- Participants must be located in a Tier 2 or 3 High Fire Threat District and/or served by an Enhanced Powerline Safety Setting (EPSS) circuit. Business customers must have a 2S-socket meter to participate.
- Participant must be the PG&E customer of record at the site.
- Participant is the owner of the site or has the owner’s permission for the site’s participation.
- If participant is a Medical Baseline customer, participant agrees participation will not compromise their medical needs and that those needs can be met during a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) with or without the use of a backup generator.
- Participant’s site must have access to a 30A, 120V/240V with standard NEMA L14-30P plug portable generator with over-current protection.
- The participant’s site must have a 200A meter panel into which the Backup Power Transfer Meter and cable can be installed. The panel must meet the operational purpose for the program.
Backup Power Transfer Meter Program
Customers who receive a Backup Power Transfer Meter are participants of the Backup Power Transfer Meter program. As such, they will be asked to complete a survey after providing feedback on the Backup Power Transfer Meter and the installation process. Participants will keep the Backup Power Transfer Meter after the program ends.
- Participant agrees to provide PG&E access to the site to install the Backup Power Transfer Meter and cable and to inspect the panel to verify it meets operational requirements.
- The Backup Power Transfer Meter and cable installation will take approximately one hour to install at the site.
- Participant must provide survey feedback to PG&E about their participation in the program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Due to the overwhelming interest in this offer, our response times may be delayed. Thank you for your patience.
Submit your request
Request your free Backup Power Transfer Meter