Due to the shelter in place order by Governor Newsom to help combat the spread of COVID-19, Energy Savings Assistance Program contractors are not able to enter customer homes except for the following essential work: repair or replace water heaters, repair or replace furnaces, or replace refrigerators currently under warranty. All non-essential work will resume once we are able to do so under the direction of the Governor. Thank you for your understanding at this time.

Get help making energy-saving improvements

Improving the energy efficiency of a home can significantly reduce energy bills. Not everyone, however, can afford to make these updates. That is why we offer the Energy Savings Assistance Program. It provides qualified customers with energy-saving improvements at no charge.

Energy Savings Assistance Program

1OF 3

Check the guidelines

Participants must live in a house, mobile home or apartment that is at least five years old. Income must meet the following guidelines, which are the same as those for CARE, the California Alternative Rates for Energy Program.

Number of persons in household               Total gross annual household income*


$34,480 or less


$43,440 or less


$52,400 or less


$61,360 or less


$70,320 or less


$79,280 or less


$88,240 or less


$97,200 or less


$106,160 or less

Each additional person, add


*Before taxes based on current income sources.
Valid through May 31, 2021.

2OF 3

Apply online

The online application only takes a few minutes to complete. No proof of income is necessary to apply and your answers will be kept confidential.
Apply Now
Solicite ahora

3OF 3

Set up a home assessment

Once your application has been reviewed, an energy specialist will contact you to schedule an assessment of your home. During the visit, the specialist will determine if your home qualifies for the program and, if so, the improvements to be made. At this time, you’ll also need to provide proof of household income such as check stubs, social security, bank statements or other legal proof of income. Proof of income is not required if you can provide documents proving participation in one of the following programs:

  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • CalFresh Benefits (federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP and formerly known as Food Stamps)
  • Healthy Families Category A & B
  • Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
  • Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
  • Medicaid/MediCal
  • National School Lunch Program (NSL)
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • Women, Infant, and Children Program (WIC)

If you would like to speak to a program specialist, please call 1-800-933-9555.

Frequently asked questions