Power shutoff alerts
Help us reach you when it's important
When possible, we will provide you advance notice about events affecting your service—including the possible need to proactively turn off power for public safety. Make sure your email, phone number, language preference and mailing address are current in your online account.
PG&E account holders:
Follow these easy steps to update your contact information:
Already have a PG&E online account
Don’t yet have a PG&E online account
It's quick to sign up. All you need is your account number(s) and either the phone number used to start your service or the last four digits of your Social Security Number (Tax ID number for business customers).
NOTE: Find your account number on your bill or use the account number look-up link when creating your account. The number is often included in letters we send to you, as well.
Once you're signed in, you'll need to follow these steps to add your contact information:
- Select EDIT PROFILE & ALERTS (yellow button at the top of the page).
- Scroll down to Contact Information to update or verify your information.
- If you make updates, be sure to hit SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page.
Sign up now
If your landlord or property manager is the account holder for your electric service, you can sign up to receive notifications directly from PG&E about a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS).
You may also sign up if you’re a PG&E customer who’d like to receive shutoff notifications for an area where you don’t have a PG&E account.
Sign up for PSPS ZIP Code Alerts (for non-account holders)
Do you depend on electricity for medical needs?
Be ready to act if PG&E notifies you that a shutoff is possible. Keep emergency phone numbers handy and consider staying with a friend or relative during an outage. Check with local authorities regarding available resources.
If you use a medical or life support device to treat ongoing medical conditions, apply for PG&E's Medical Baseline Program. If you qualify, you'll receive a lower rate on your monthly energy bill and receive extra notifications in advance of a Public Safety Power Shutoff.
- If you need language assistance in updating your contact information, please call us at 1-866-743-6589.
- Si necesita ayuda con el idioma para actualizar su información de contacto, llámenos al 1-866-743-6589.
- 如果您需要協助來更新您的聯絡資料，請致電 1-866-743-6589.
- Nếu bạn cần người thông dịch tiếng Việt để giúp cập nhật các thông tin liên lạc của bạn, xin gọi 1-866-743-6589.
- 연락처 정보 업데이트 시 한국어로 도움이 필요하면 1-866-743-6589로 전화하십시오.
- Kung kailangan ninyo ng tulong upang isalin sa inyong sariling wika ang mga bagong kaalamang impormasyon tulad ng inyong telepono at tirahan, maaari lamang na tawagan kami sa 1-866-743-6589.
- Если вам нужна помощь переводчика в обновлении вашей контактной информации, позвоните нам по телефону 1-866-743-6589.