©2023 Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Participating centers
PG&E partners with the California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC). Together, we offer support for older adults and people with disabilities. Support is available before, during and after wildfire safety outages.
If you have medical and independent living needs, the DDAR program can help you
- Create an emergency plan
- Sign up for the Medical Baseline Program
- Apply for a portable backup battery
- Get ADA-accessible car rides and hotel stays during a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) or other wildfire safety power outages
- Receive food replacements during a PSPS or other wildfire safety power outages
Eligibility for Disability Disaster Access and Resources Program
To qualify, you must:
- Live in a High Fire-Threat District OR
- Have experienced two or more PSPS events since 2020
- And either:
- Use an electric device or assistive technology
- Have a disability or chronic condition
- Rely on electricity to live independently
The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) will decide who qualifies for batteries and other resources. Medical needs and income will not be considered. A doctor is not needed to verify disability or condition.
Apply for Disability Disaster Access and Resources Services
You can apply by contacting your local DDAR Center below or visiting the DDAR website.
More on power outages
Community Wildfire Safety Program (CWSP)
Find out how we are making our system safer and more reliable.
Food, lodging and transportation
Find support during a PSPS. This could include hotel stays, meals or accessible rides.
Find information about services in your county, like local food banks or Meals on Wheels.