©2023 Pacific Gas and Electric Company
What is one-time access?
One-time access provides access to a limited set of services, including making a payment online.
No username or password is required. However, you will be asked to provide other information, such as:
- Your last name
- Your ZIP code
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
- Your meter number
We recommend you create an online account for access to all account features. If you don't want to log in, use one-time access to:
- Make payments
- Manage your rate plan
- Start service
What can you do with one-time access?
View and pay your bill (a $1.35 convenience fee applies)
- Get help paying your bill:
- Extend your due date with a payment arrangement
- Sign up for financial assistance programs such as California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) and Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA)
Update your contact information or set the following preferences:
- Outage alerts
- Energy alerts
- Payment arrangement reminders
- Service visit reminders
Manage your electric rate plan:
- Review a side-by-side cost comparison of all eligible rate plans
- Pick the electric rate plan best for you
What can you not do with one-time access?
These features require signing into your account with a username and password:
- View past billing and payment history
- Set up recurring payments
- Track or analyze your usage
You must also sign into your account to set up certain preferences, such as paperless billing, billing alerts and scheduled-payment alerts.
More ways to manage your account
Receive energy alerts
Take control of your energy bills with energy alerts.
Mobile home park bill services
Are you the owner of a mobile home park with PG&E-owned master meters? Sign up for our bill calculation service.
Learn about how sub-metering works, how to pay your gas and electric charges and more.