Learn about cooling centers
Find ways to stay out of the heat
Your life can be at risk if you stay in extreme heat for too long. Visit Summer Safety Tips.
Discover cooling centers
A cooling center is a place where you and your family can go to cool off during hot summer days. Cooling centers are open to everyone.
Cooling center locations include:
- Government-run senior centers
- Community centers
- Parks and recreation sites
- Public buildings, such as libraries
Find a center near you:
- Download Designated Cooling Center Locations (PDF, 126 KB)
PLEASE NOTE: Hours and locations are subject to change
- Call the toll-free PG&E number: 1-877-474-3266
- Reach out to your local city or county for more information about cooling centers in your area
- Visit the Cooling Center Locator Map
PLEASE NOTE: All cooling centers on map may need to be displayed before you are able to select one
Prevent heat-related emergencies
Follow these guidelines to stay safe during warm weather:
- Plan ahead and check the weather forecast.
- Stay hydrated.
- Go to a cool place like a mall or library.
Stay safe during the summer. Visit Summer Safety Tips.