What is Visitor Access?
Visitor Access, also known as One-Time Access, provides access to a limited set of services, including making a payment online. No username or password is required, but you will be asked to provide other identifying information, such as your last name, service-address ZIP code and the last four digits of your Social Security number. We recommend creating an online account for access to all account features, but you’re welcome to use One-Time Access for select tasks such as payments, managing your rate plan and starting service.
What you can do with One-Time Access
Use One-Time Access
- View and pay your bill (a $1.35 convenience fee applies)
- Get help paying your bill:
- Extend your due date with a payment arrangement
- Sign up for financial assistance programs such as California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) and Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA)
- Update your contact information or set the following preferences:
- Outage Alerts
- Energy Alerts
- Payment Arrangement reminders
- Service Visit reminders
- Manage your electric rate plan:
- Review a side-by-side cost comparison of all eligible rate plans
- Pick the electric rate plan best for you
What you can’t do with One-Time Access
These features require signing in to Your Account with a username and password:
- View past billing and payment history
- Set up recurring payments
- Track or analyze your usage
You must also sign in to Your Account to set up certain preferences, such as paperless billing, billing alerts and scheduled-payment alerts.
Sign in to your account