Get third-party notification
Help ensure that someone else’s energy stays connected
Third-Party Notification informs you when a friend or relative misses paying a bill because of illness, hardship or other issues. Here’s how it works:
- With this program, PG&E notifies you when another person receives a late notice for an unpaid bill.
- As the designated third party, you’re not responsible for paying the bill, but you might want to contact PG&E to help resolve the issue.
- Third-Party Notification is available to all residential customers, with the consent of both parties.
Sign up by mail
Sign up for Third-Party Notification with a few easy steps.
- Download Electric Sample Form No. 79-1025 Third Party Notification Service Bill Insert (PDF, 189 KB)
- Complete the form and send it to the following address:
P.O. Box 997300
Sacramento CA 95899-7300
We understand that these are tough financial times. Disconnection of service is an action that PG&E does not take lightly. We take this step only after all other options are explored. Call us at 1-800-743-5000 if you are having trouble paying your bill.
If a service shutoff would risk your life or health, visit our Vulnerable Customer page.
Get energy assistance program information in large print
View info about PG&E energy assistance programs in large print. Download any of these files: