Help customers navigate the interconnection process
As a contractor, you play a vital role in customers' interconnection process. We provide online resources to help guide you through the Standard Net Energy Metering (NEM) interconnection process, including:
- Completing required documents
- Finding an easier path to engineering review
- Setting customer expectations
Access our online tool for interconnecting photovoltaic (PV) solar- and wind-generating facilities that are 30 kilowatts (kW) or less with PG&E.
Explore essential resources
We offer the following resources that can help you and your customers successfully complete the interconnection process:
- Standard NEM interconnection process and requirements
- Tips and advice for the application process
- Ways to help your sales team set customer expectations
Continue reading to get the details on each of these resources.
Understand the Standard NEM interconnection process and requirements
Important documentation is required for the Interconnection Application. Learn how to complete these documents. Get answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the interconnection process, including eligibility and typical timelines. Visit Standard NEM Process and Requirements.
Get tips and advice for the application process
Understand how to prevent delays on your interconnection project. Learn how to successfully complete the Agreement and Customer Authorization (A&A) form and the Interconnection Application. Get advice on passing the engineering review. Visit Tips and Advice for Application Process.
Help your sales team set customer expectations
Encourage your sales team to set expectations with your customers. We provide information that you can share with your customers, including:
- The customer’s role in the interconnection process
- The correct rate options and system size
- When to turn on the new system
Get details on how to talk with your customers about these topics and more. Visit Help Your Sales Team Set Customer Expectations.
Read interconnection updates
Following are recent interconnection updates:
- July 6, 2015. Beginning July 2014, you can complete both the Agreement and Customer Authorization (A&A) and Standard Net Energy Metering (NEM) Interconnection Application forms by entering information into the online interconnection tool, or you can download and complete PDFs of the forms and upload them for verification.
- June 15, 2015. ATTN: New Requirements for submitting Standard NEM projects. Effective 7/6/15, new forms will be used to collect additional CPUC data requirements and all submissions must be made through a new online web portal. Please download the document below to obtain further details on the transition plan and what this means to you as an Installer/Customer. Download NEW Requirements for Submitting Standard NEM Projects (PDF, 232 KB).
- February 20, 2014. Load Aggregation Approved Under the NEM Tariff NEM customers applying for load aggregation under National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) must submit an appendix to the NEM Application Appendix Form 79-1153.
NEMA allows a customer to install renewable generation up to 1 megawatt (MW) to serve load behind any meter that is located on the same property, or on a contiguous or adjacent property, as the generator account.
Following are related documents:
- December 1, 2013. As of December 1, 2013, please use the new streamlined Standard Interconnection Agreement and Customer Authorization form (79-1151A) and the Standard Net Energy Metering Interconnection Application form (79-1151B) developed and approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
Discover PG&E interconnection successes
Utility with most total installed solar megawatt (MW) capacity seven years in a row.
More PG&E residential customers using solar than in any other region in the country.
Number of PG&E customers with solar installed.
Total solar power installed in PG&E homes and businesses.
Get NEM Program Cap tracking status. Visit