Improve government agency operations and increase efficiency
Explore ways to save energy and cut costs
Saving energy and money are crucially important to State government operations. We’re committed to helping you find solutions for operating efficiently while reducing costs and lessening your environmental impact.
Save energy and money with government programs
Government programs and products for energy efficiency can:
- Help meet California’s greenhouse gas-reduction targets.
- Keep your facilities running more reliably and efficiently.
- Educate and motivate your employees to save energy.
Following are some of the key programs.
The Enovity School & Municipalities Advanced Retro-commissioning and Tune-Up (SMART) Program helps public school districts, cities and counties save energy by implementing low-cost efficiency and operations improvements to Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and lighting systems. The program serves select counties. Learn more about the program.
Energy Watch includes 22 local and regional partnerships that work with local governments, providing a comprehensive delivery channel for energy services to communities. Learn more about the partnerships.
The statewide California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) Partnership is designed to achieve immediate and long-term energy savings and peak demand reduction at CDCR institutions. Learn more about the partnership.
This statewide partnership aims to achieve immediate and long-term energy savings and peak demand reduction at state-owned facilities. Learn more about the partnership.
Get zero-percent loans for your project
Our zero-percent interest Energy Efficiency On-Bill Financing Program can help you complete your retrofit projects. Government agencies can receive loans from $5,000 - $250,000 with 10 years to repay them. Learn more about the program.
Visit Energy Efficiency Financing
Find the ideal solutions for your government or community agency
Following are solutions designed for specific needs and areas of your government or community agency:
- Accent and directional lighting
- Exterior area lighting
- Troffers and integrated troffer retrofit kits
- Low flow pre-rinse spray valves
- Ice machines
- Exterior area lighting
- High bay lighting (for distribution centers)
Additional energy-saving ideas
Leverage these energy-smart ideas to save even more energy and money:
- Invest in exterior LEDs with controls to save energy and extend the life of your equipment.
- Turn off non-essential indoor or outdoor lighting, signage, window displays and office equipment (for example, printers, copiers, shredders and coffeemakers) when not in use.
- Pre-cool work areas. Then, cycle constant-air volume HVAC units.
- Conduct meetings during events to minimize the use of equipment.