PG&E Food Service Technology Center
Helping commercial food service customers save energy since 1987
The Food Service Technology Center (FSTC) provides nationally-recognized energy efficiency consulting services to the commercial food service industry.
Restaurant owners and operators, institutional food service providers, cooking equipment manufacturers and kitchen designers look to the FSTC to provide unbiased, comprehensive information about energy use and efficiency.
Operated under contract to PG&E by Frontier Energy, Inc., the Center provides an array of services to the industry, including:
- Try-Before-You-Buy equipment demonstrations that allow customers to “test drive” appliances before purchase.
- Kitchen equipment test reports and calculators that allow customers to objectively compare the performance of cooking and food preparation equipment.
- List of commercial food service products that qualify for energy efficiency rebates.
- Design consultation services, helping business owners design and specify equipment for their food service operations for maximum efficiency.
- On-site facility surveys, culminating in a list of recommended actions to cut energy use and costs.
- Educational seminars covering all aspects of energy performance in commercial kitchens.
- Equipment testing services to determine the energy and performance characteristics of food service equipment.
For seminar schedules and qualified product lists for equipment rebates, visit California Energy Wise.