Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit
Enjoy an annual bill credit for fueling with compressed natural gas.
PG&E customers with an active compressed natural gas (CNG) account are automatically eligible to receive the Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit on their bill each year.
Learn about the Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit
The Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit comes from California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) Program. LCFS is working to fight climate change by increasing the adoption of clean transportation fuels such as CNG. When you fuel your vehicle at one of PG&E’s CNG fueling stations, PG&E generates LCFS credits. PG&E then returns the revenue from the sales of LCFS to its CNG customers through this annual on-bill credit.
PG&E’s CNG stations are now being supplied with Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) through an agreement with a biomethane supplier. In addition to reduced greenhouse gas emissions from RNG, PG&E also generates extra LCFS credits and Renewable Identification Number (RIN) credits from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Renewable Fuel Standard Program. Those revenues are added to the amount PG&E can return to customers via the Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit.
Find out how the Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit is applied
- You don’t need to apply for this credit. Eligible customers will automatically receive it as bill credit on their PG&E compressed natural gas account.
- To be eligible for the Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit, you must have an active compressed natural gas fueling account with PG&E at the time the credit is distributed.
- Your credit amount is based on your consumption of compressed natural gas from PG&E’s fueling stations.
Note: The next annual credit, which will appear as a credit on your August or September 2022 compressed natural gas bill, covers consumption from January through December 2021.
Terms and Conditions
1. To receive the credit, you must have purchased compressed natural gas (CNG) as a transportation fuel from one of PG&E’s CNG fueling stations during the rebate period (generally the prior calendar year) and have an active account on the G-NGV2 rate schedule.
2. PG&E anticipates that it will be issuing the Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit annually through 2023 or until funding is depleted.
3. The next annual Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit will cover consumption from January 1 to December 31, 2021. Accounts that are closed at the time the credit is distributed will not receive a credit, regardless of fuel purchased during the rebate period.
4. The Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit and its terms and conditions are subject to change. The credit can be terminated at any time by PG&E and/or the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
Get more information
Visit Renewable Natural Gas Fuel Credit Frequently Asked Questions.
For questions about the credit amount or to request a refund check,
Email NGVinfo@pge.com or call 1-800-684-4648.