Clean Fuel Rebate for fueling electric vehicles
Receive an $800 Clean Fuel Rebate
As an electric vehicle (EV) owner, you're contributing to a cleaner energy future by fueling your vehicle with electricity. PG&E customers with EVs are eligible to receive an $800 Clean Fuel Rebate for their use of electricity as a clean transportation fuel. What does an $800 Clean Fuel Rebate mean for you?
- $800 is about a year and a half's worth of electricity to fuel your car.
- $800 can help towards the installation of a Level 2 home charging station.
The Clean Fuel Rebate comes from a State of California program called the Low Carbon Fuel Standard. The goal of the Standard is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation by encouraging the adoption of cleaner transportation fuels, including electricity. Thanks to California EV owners like you, the clean electricity used to fuel your EV helps reduce GHG emissions by 66 percent.
- Have an active residential electric service from PG&E. The account holder may apply on behalf of an EV owner in the household (or tenant in a multifamily property, mobile home park or HOA) with the vehicle owner’s permission.
- Own or lease an eligible plug-in electric vehicle or have permission to apply on their behalf (includes tenants in multifamily building).
- Vehicle has not previously received the Clean Fuel Rebate (including previous ownership).**
- Be current on vehicle registration fees.
- Use same address on registration as your PG&E account.
**Identified using unique vehicle identification number (VIN).
Apply for your rebate
To complete the simple online application, you'll need the following:
- Your PG&E bill. The application must be in the name of the PG&E account holder and you will need your account number. You'll find it at the top of your energy bill.
- Your current vehicle registration card. A copy of your California-issued vehicle registration card must be uploaded with your application. A temporary or e-copy of the vehicle registration will not be accepted.
Once submitted, PG&E will review your application to confirm eligibility and documentation. If approved, your Clean Fuel Rebate check will be mailed to the address on your PG&E account.
Terms and Conditions
1. To be eligible for a Clean Fuel Rebate (Rebate) in accordance with this Clean Fuel Rebate Application (Application), an applicant must (i) be a customer of Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) with an active residential electric Service Agreement; (ii) own, or be acting on behalf of the owner of, a qualified plug-in electric vehicle registered at an address corresponding to their PG&E account; and (iii) have paid the current vehicle registration fees in the State of California. Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) and Direct Access (DA) customers are eligible for the rebate.
2. A qualified electric vehicle (EV), identified by its unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), can only be assigned one rebate in its lifetime. If a Clean Fuel Rebate, or another rebate from Low Carbon Fuel Standard funds issued by any other utility in the State of California, has been issued for a qualified EV with a particular VIN, that vehicle cannot be assigned any additional rebates.
3. The current dollar amount of the rebate is shown on the application. Rebate amounts are subject to change at any time and may be greater or less than the current value posted in the application in the future. A qualified EV with a particular VIN can only be assigned one rebate in its lifetime; therefore, it is up to the applicant to determine when to apply for the rebate. Rebate funds are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
4. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applications must include all required information, including documentation of vehicle registration and documentation of the registration fees paid.
5. The rebate and the terms and conditions regarding this application are subject to change, and the rebate can be terminated at any time by PG&E and/or the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Any applicant information provided in this application may be used internally by PG&E for purposes other than processing the application and may be made available to the CPUC and ARB.
6. Applicants authorize PG&E to send them email messages related to their application. Applicants: (i) acknowledge that they are the authorized user of the email address provided in the application; (ii) grant PG&E express permission to send emails related to their application to that email address until such permission is revoked by the applicant; and (iii) notwithstanding that this email address may be on the federal or a state's Do Not Contact list, acknowledge that such emails sent by PG&E shall not be in violation of any Do Not Contact list(s).