Find out if Peak Day Pricing is right for your business
Learn how Peak Day Pricing can help your bottom line
Peak Day Pricing is an optional rate that offers businesses a discount on regular summer electricity rates in exchange for higher prices during nine to 15 Peak Pricing Event Days per year, typically occurring on the hottest days of the summer.² By reducing your electricity use on Peak Day Pricing Event Days, you help keep California's energy supply reliable for everyone and may save your business money.
¹ Solar customers: Get information on your rate plan options by contacting your account representative or by calling the Solar Customer Service Center, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-877-743-4112.
Discover how Peak Day Pricing works
Learn more about Event Days, alerts and how you can enroll your business risk-free:
- Understand your rate. Your regular rates are discounted from May 1 to October 31.² On several Event Days each year, a surcharge is added to energy use between 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Don't miss your Event Day alerts. We can send you an alert by email, text or phone the day before an Event Day, so you can plan ahead to conserve or shift your energy use.
- Try it risk-free. You can participate risk-free for the first 12 months with Bill Protection. If you pay more during your first year on Peak Day Pricing, we credit you the difference. You can opt out of Peak Day Pricing at any time.
² Effective summer rates are lower after Peak Day Pricing credits have been applied, but effective rates are higher during Peak Day Pricing Event Hours.
Learn about Peak Day Pricing Rates
Click the tabs below to see how Peak Day Pricing rates vary throughout the year.
Start saving now
Here’s how we can help your business make smarter energy decisions and save money:
Set your Event Day Alerts
We'll send you an alert the day before an Event Day so you can plan ahead to conserve or shift your energy usage. Visit your online account.
To get free Enhanced Event Season Support, including a customized energy conservation plan and performance summaries after each Event Day, add your email address for Peak Day Pricing alerts.*
* Please allow 2-4 weeks after adding your email address to your PG&E online account profiles for Enhanced Event Season Support to begin.
Make an Event Day action plan
- Get a copy of the reference guide. Download Peak Day Pricing quick reference guide (ZIP, 416KB).
- If you are interested in participating in Peak Day Pricing concurrently with another Demand Response program, download Dual Participation for Demand Response Programs (PDF, 0.97 MB).
Print a customized energy conservation poster.
Read business success stories
Peak Day Pricing for solar customers
Learn about Peak Day Pricing
As a solar customer, you're eligible to participate in Peak Day Pricing. It's a rate option that gives businesses a discount on regular summer electricity rates in exchange for higher prices during 9 to 15 days per year. These Event Days typically occur on the hottest days of the summer.
Solar customers can participate risk-free for the first 12 months with Bill Protection. If you pay more during your first year on Peak Day Pricing, we credit you the difference. After Bill Protection has ended, solar customers can use Net Energy Metering (NEM) credits to offset Event Day charges. Note: NEM True-Up statements are separate from Peak Day Pricing Bill Protection credit statements.
Contact your Business Energy Solutions representative if you have questions about rate plans, energy assessments or our programs. You can also contact the Solar Customer Service Center weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-877-743-4112.
Peak Day Pricing Event Day History
Peak Day Pricing Event Days are usually called on especially hot days when electricity demand peaks.
Peak Day Pricing Event Day Forecast
This forecast averages temperatures in PG&E's territory, showing the probability of a Peak Day Pricing Event Day. The trigger temperature is currently set at 98°.
Forecast is scrollable on mobile devices.
Peak Day Pricing is an optional program. To compare available rate options and view your daily usage, log in to your PG&E account.
Contact us if you have questions about your rate plan options, energy assessments or our programs: