Empower EV—an incentive program launching in fall 2022
For a limited time starting in fall 2022, PG&E’s Empower EV program can offer income-eligible households up to $2,500 in financial incentives. The program extends to qualifying customers in single-family households who have recently purchased or leased an EV within six months prior to applying to the program.
- PG&E will cover the cost of up to $500 for one Level 2 charger (hardwires or plugs in to 220+ Volt outlet).
- PG&E will cover up to $2,000 per single-family household for panel upgrades completed by licensed electricians.
- No cost to enroll.
- Goal is to assist 2,000 households through this program.
Please check back—enrollment starts soon.
- Customer must agree to program terms and conditions.
- Customer must verify income eligibility (within 400 percent of the federal poverty level):
- $51,040 for a one-person household
- $68,960 for a two-person household
- $86,880 for a three-person household
- $104,800 for a four-person household
- $122,720 for a five-person household
- Customer will have purchased or leased a new or used EV (fully battery electric or plug-in hybrid) in the six months prior to applying to this program.
- Customer must use a licensed electrician for panel upgrade work and obtain documentation to verify the work is complete.