Customer Safety—911 for Downed Lines
Your safety is our first concern. If you see a downed power line, assume it is energized and keep yourself and others away. Call 911 immediately to report the location of the downed line then 1-800-743-5002, PG&E's 24-Hour Emergency and Customer Service Line. During and after a storm, please keep away from flooded areas and downed trees, as these areas could be hiding an energized power line.
Report a Power Outage: 1-800-743-5002
- Before calling PG&E about a power outage, check to see if other neighbors are affected. This would confirm if an outage has occurred in just your residence or within the neighborhood area.
- If only your residence is without power, check circuit breakers and/or fuse boxes to see if the problem is limited to the home electric system.
- After performing the steps above, single or neighborhood outages can be reported to: PG&E's 24-Hour Emergency and Customer Service Line: 1-800-743-5002.
- Once your outage has been reported, you can call PG&E's Outage Information Line at 1-800-743-5002 to get a status report on your outage and the anticipated time your power will be turned back on.
- If you lose power overnight, you can call PG&E to request a wake-up call. We'll be happy to give you a wake-up call, as well as up-to-date information on your outage and time of restoration.
Our phone lines may become very busy during major storms, so we ask for your patience if you are trying to reach us.