Energy Savings Assistance Program

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to show proof of income when I apply?

Yes. Pacific Gas and Electric Company will ask for check stubs, social security, bank statements, or other legal proof of income to verify that you qualify for the Energy Savings Assistance Program.

If you can provide documents proving participation in one of the following State or Federal public assistance programs, you do not need to provide additional income documentation in order to qualify for the Energy Savings Assistance Program:

  • Medi-Cal
  • Food Stamps
  • WIC
  • Healthy Families Category A & B
  • SSI
  • NSL Free Lunch Program
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)

Can I get money back if I do the work myself?

No. Work must be done by contractors trained to work for the Energy Savings Assistance Program.

Who will be working at my residence?

  • The Energy Savings Assistance Program trains contractors, which include Energy Specialists, Weatherization Specialists and Natural Gas Appliance Testing Techs. Our administrator Richard Heath & Associates has field staff who may ride along with the contractors to ensure work quality.
  • Grounding contractors to ground electric outlets used for refrigerators if the customer qualifies for a new refrigerator.
  • Refrigerator contractors to remove and recycle old refrigerators and install new refrigerators.
  • PG&E’s Central Inspection Program staff and Gas Service Representatives may also be at customers’ homes for appliance adjustments or measure inspection purposes.

How do I verify the worker’s identity?

  • RHA field staff wears a tan shirt with “RHA” printed on the chest area in blue color.
  • The contractors and RHA field staff have photo badges with “RHA" or their company name and an expiration date.
  • Central Inspection Program inspectors wear dark blue shirts with a PG&E logo. PG&E Gas Service Representatives wear PG&E uniforms. Both groups carry a PG&E ID.
  • If in doubt of a contractor's identity, please call Richard Heath & Associates at
    1-800-989-9744. If in doubt of a PG&E employee's identity, please call PG&E at 1-800-PGE-5000.