[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Balanced Payment Plan FAQ
- What is the Balanced Payment Plan?
Pacific Gas and Electric Company will average your home or business energy costs over a 12-month period to arrive at your monthly "balanced payment amount".
- What are the benefits of the Balanced Payment Plan
It eliminates big swings in your home or business payments by averaging your energy costs over the year.
- Who is eligible to enroll in the Balanced Payment Plan?
Balanced Payment Plan is available to qualified residential and small business customers.
- How much will my monthly payments be when I enroll in BPP?
You can find out how much your monthly BPP payments will be whether you’re enrolled in BPP or not. Simply login to My Energy
- Is there a fee to enroll in the Balanced Payment Plan?
- How do I enroll in the Balanced Payment Plan?
Simply click on the Enroll in BPP Today button on the My Energy page. Then, follow the step-by-step enrollment instructions.
- What if I have more than one PG&E account?
You are still eligible to enroll in the Balanced Payment Plan.
- When will the Balanced Payment Plan take effect?
The Balanced Payment Plan will take effect on your next billing cycle.
- How does the Balanced Payment Plan work?
Your meters will still be read monthly and your bills will show your actual energy costs, but you will be asked to pay only your Balanced Payment Plan amount.
- The Balanced Payment Plan amount changed on the bill. Why did this happen?
After you enroll in the Balanced Payment Plan, Pacific Gas and Electric Company will monitor your home or business account and change the BPP amount when appropriate, but no more than once every four months. Changes may be made to your BPP amount to ensure that you are paying an average of what you actually owe throughout the year.
- Is the CARE (California Alternate Rates for Energy) program eligible for the Balanced Payment Plan?
Yes, residential CARE customers are eligible for the Balanced Payment Plan.
- I'm enrolled in PG&E's e-Bills online paperless billing and payment service. Can I still sign up to use Balanced Payment Plan?
- How do I contact PG&E for questions about Balanced Payment Plan?
If you have any further questions about your Balanced Payment Plan bill, please call us at 1-800-743-5000 for residential customers or 1-800-468-4743 for business customers.