Explore energy-saving ideas in the Business Resource Center
Lighting Rebates Made Easier
Energy constitutes a major expense for any business, and lighting alone makes up an especially large chunk of the bills. In fact, lighting accounts for nearly $1 out of every $3 that a business spends on energy.
Modern, efficient commercial lighting solutions
LED lighting is a rapidly evolving technology that offers many advantages over traditional lighting technologies. They use less energy, last longer and provide highly reliable service, thereby reducing energy bills and maintenance costs.
Commercial lighting rebates by category
The following is a brief primer for Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) commercial customers who are just beginning to explore lighting rebate options.
- Interior LED high-bay and low-bay fixtures ($25.00-$250.00 p/fixture): These fixtures are perfect for large indoor spaces like gyms, warehouses and assembly facilities.
- LED Troffers ($4.25-$6.00*/kilolumen): Troffers are rectangular light fixtures that typically fit into modular dropped ceiling grids and are common in large commercial spaces.
- LED Troffer retrofit kits ($4.25-$6.00*/kilolumen): Troffer retrofit lighting kits are less expensive than new luminaires because they are inserted into existing housing systems.
Accent and Directional Lighting
- LED accent, surface, pendant, track and recessed downlight options ($8.00-$15.50 p/fixture): LEDs offer superior directional lighting for creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.
- LED exterior area lighting ($15.00-$105.00 p/fixture): Exterior LEDs can improve security in outdoor spaces because they offer reliable, consistent, high-quality light to parking lots, parking garages and walkways.
Understand the lighting options available:
Need assistance selecting the best lighting for your building?:
- Find a trade professional
- Contact the PG&E Business Customer Service Center to talk to a customer representative (1-800-468-4743)
Ready to start a project:
Energy Advisor eNewsletter
Sign up for PG&E's monthly Energy Advisor for Business eNewsletter to stay informed of the latest news and tools for managing your business's energy use and costs.