Clean Fuel Rebate for fueling with compressed natural gas
Enjoy an annual bill credit for fueling with compressed natural gas
PG&E customers with an active compressed natural gas (CNG) account are automatically eligible to receive the Clean Fuel Rebate on their bill each year through 2023.
Learn about the Clean Fuel Rebate
The Renewable Clean Fuel Rebate comes from California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) Program. The LCFS Program is working to fight climate change by increasing the adoption of clean transportation fuels such as CNG. PG&E’s CNG stations are now being supplied with Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) through an agreement with biomethane suppliers. When you fuel your vehicle with RNG at one of PG&E’s fueling stations, PG&E generates LCFS credits and Renewable Identification Number (RIN) credits from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Renewable Fuel Standard Program. PG&E then returns the revenue from the sale of LCFS and RIN credits to its CNG customers through this annual on-bill credit.
Find out how the Clean Fuel Rebate is applied
- You do not need to apply for this rebate. Eligible customers will automatically receive the rebate as a bill credit on their PG&E compressed natural gas account.
- To be eligible for the Clean Fuel Rebate, you must have an active compressed natural gas fueling account with PG&E at the time the rebate is distributed.
- Your rebate amount is based on your consumption of compressed natural gas from PG&E's fueling stations.
Note: The next annual rebate, which will appear as a credit on your December 2020 or January 2021 compressed natural gas bill, covers consumption from January through December 2019.
Terms and Conditions
1. To receive the rebate, you must have purchased compressed natural gas (CNG) as a transportation fuel from one of PG&E’s CNG fueling stations during the rebate period and have an active account on the G-NGV2 rate schedule.
2. PG&E anticipates that it will be issuing the Clean Fuel Rebate for compressed natural gas customers annually through 2023 or until funding is depleted.
3. The next annual Clean Fuel Rebate will cover consumption from January 1 to December 31, 2019. Accounts that are closed at the time the rebate is distributed will not receive a rebate, regardless of fuel purchased during the rebate period.
4. The Clean Fuel Rebate and its terms and conditions are subject to change. The Clean Fuel Rebate can be terminated at any time by PG&E and/or the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).