Clean Fuel Rebate for fueling with compressed natural gas
Enjoy an annual bill credit for fueling with compressed natural gas
PG&E customers with an active compressed natural gas account are automatically eligible to receive the Clean Fuel Rebate on their bill each year through 2020.
Learn about the Clean Fuel Rebate
The Clean Fuel Rebate comes from a State of California initiative called the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) Program. The Low Carbon Fuel Standard Program is fighting climate change by encouraging the adoption of clean vehicle fuels such as compressed natural gas. PG&E earns credits in the program when customers purchase compressed natural gas as a clean transportation fuel. PG&E returns the value of these credits to its compressed natural gas customers through the Clean Fuel Rebate.
Find out how the Clean Fuel Rebate is applied
- You do not need to apply for this rebate. Eligible customers will automatically receive the rebate as a bill credit on their PG&E compressed natural gas account.
- To be eligible for the Clean Fuel Rebate, you must have an active compressed natural gas fueling account with PG&E at the time the rebate is distributed.
- Your rebate amount is based on your consumption of compressed natural gas from PG&E's fueling stations.
Note: The first rebate, which will appear as a credit on your June or July 2017 compressed natural gas bill, will be larger than future rebate amounts as it retroactively covers an extended period from January 2011-September 2016. Future rebate amounts will correspond to one year of compressed natural gas consumption.
Terms and Conditions
1. To receive the rebate, you must have purchased compressed natural gas (CNG) as a transportation fuel from one of PG&E’s CNG fueling stations during the rebate period and have an active account on the G-NGV2 rate schedule.
2. PG&E anticipates that it will be issuing the Clean Fuel Rebate for compressed natural gas customers annually through 2020 or until funding is depleted.
3. The rebate period associated with the first Clean Fuel Rebate will be January 1, 2011 through September 30, 2016. Accounts that are closed at the time the rebate is distributed will not receive a rebate, regardless of fuel purchased during the rebate period.
4. The Clean Fuel Rebate and its terms and conditions are subject to change. The Clean Fuel Rebate can be terminated at any time by PG&E and/or the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).