Discover the SmartAC™ program for renters
Join today and save
The SmartAC program:
- Helps prevent power interruptions in energy supply emergencies
- Offers a free AC check-up
- Protects the environment from pollutio
- Is easy, free and earns you a reward for participating
- Is almost undetectable
Determine your eligibility
SmartAC is designed to work with central air conditioners (ACs) or heat pumps in homes. You can participate whether you own or rent your home. However, life support and medical baseline customers are not eligible to participate.
SmartAC does not work on evaporative coolers, window units or through-wall units.
Sign up for SmartAC
Complete the following steps to sign up for the program:
- Download the SmartAC Program Landlord Authorization Form (PDF, 48 KB).
- Ask your landlord to complete and sign the form.
- Enroll in SmartAC online. Visit Enroll in SmartAC. You can also call 1-866-908-4916.
- Give the signed form to the SmartAC installer when your device is activated. Your SmartAC switch or thermostat installation is free. Plus, you receive a free AC check-up, unlimited technical support and customer service while you participate.
Program benefits include:
- Receiving a free AC check-up from a SmartAC technician
- Receiving financial incentives after installation
- Maintaining control over your comfort and participation
- Helping prevent summer power interruptions while staying comfortable
Enroll in the SmartAC program online.
If you’re already enrolled, you can update or change your device settings. Sign in to your SmartAC Manager.