Save when you maintain your air conditioning system
Take advantage of our AC Quality Care Program
Heating and cooling accounts for over 31 percent of your home energy bill. Lower your monthly energy bill by keeping your air conditioning equipment working at peak efficiency. AC Quality Care can help.
When was the last time you had your AC system checked?
A home AC system can be complicated.
Luckily, PG&E rebates aren't.
Maintaining your air conditioner might not be something you think about, but it should be. Especially when you realize that heating and cooling account for 31 percent of your home energy bill. That being the case, it's easy to see how important routine maintenance is to help your AC system perform better, decrease costs, and reduce the chances of it breaking down.
How the program works
Air conditioning equipment needs regular maintenance to operate efficiently. AC Quality Care contractors are trained in national industry maintenance standards to help your AC system perform better and save you energy and money.
AC Quality Care begins with a complete assessment of your system. A certified contractor helps you decide what preventive maintenance you need by:
- Visiting your home to test your system and explain what you can expect from the program
- Assessing your air conditioning system for safety, performance and any needed repairs
- Providing detailed recommendations, along with information about available rebates
You decide what work you want your contractor to perform. After the work is completed, your contractor helps you apply for PG&E rebates to cover some of your costs. Find a Contractor.
How to qualify for rebates
You can receive rebates of up to $480 to help pay for work done by AC Quality Care certified contractors. Rebates are available for the following services and products:
- $40 initial Full ACCA Standard 4 HVAC System Assessment. This assessment provides a complete evaluation of your system. Then you work with your contractor on next steps. Following the assessment, you may qualify for additional rebates.
- $50 refrigerant charge adjustment.
- $70 efficient fan delay rebate.
- $220 replacement blower motor rebate.
Additional incentive may be available for customers who complete more than one service. Only one additional incentive is available per customer.
- $50 additional incentive with the completion of two of the above service.
- $100 additional incentive for the completion of two services and the installation an approved smart thermostat.
To be eligible to receive rebates, you must:
- Complete qualifying maintenance services between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019.
- Be a PG&E customer with an active electric meter at the installation address.
- Have a central air conditioner or heat pump.
- Live in a single-family residence or duplex.
Make your home more comfortable and save money with a well-maintained air conditioning system.