MFHCs operated by the Office of Migrant Services (OMS) or non-profit entities can get monthly energy bill discounts through the CARE program. Apply for CARE if your entity meets these program guidelines:
- The facility must provide pursuant to section 50710 of the Health and Safety Code or meet the definition in Subdivision (b) of Section 1140.4 of the Labor Code. The facility must also have an exemption from local property taxes pursuant to subdivision (g) of Section 214 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
- The facility must provide a copy of a current contract with the OMS, or a copy of tax-exempt documentation.
- Separate applications must be filed for each type of facility, even if they are under one licensed organization.
- Facilities must notify PG&E if they no longer qualify for the CARE discount.
Enroll in CARE
Complete the following steps to enroll in CARE:
- Download CARE MIGRANT FARM WORKER HOUSING CENTERS APPLICATION (PDF, 185 KB) in English.
- Sign the application.
- Mail or fax the application and required documents to one of the following locations.
P. O. Box 7979
San Francisco, CA 94120-7979
Fax number: 1-877-302-7563
You can also request an application by mail. Call the CARE program at
1-866-743-2273 or send an email to CAREandFERA@pge.com.
Renew your CARE certification
Organizations must recertify every two years by completing a new application and attaching proof of the following items:
- A copy of your current contract with the Office of Migrant Services OR your Federal 501(c)(3) tax exemption OR your state tax exemption form along with your local property tax exemption form.
- A statement of how the entity used the discount during the previous year to directly benefit facility residents.
PG&E sends a recertification application three months before a discount expires. Your organization can reapply for the CARE program if it still qualifies under the current Program Guidelines.
You can request a re-certification application by mail. Call the CARE program at 1-866-743-2273 or email CAREandFERA@pge.com.