Balanced Payment Plan
On a budget? Stay on track year-round
Your monthly energy bill is more predictable
If you'd like your energy bill to be consistent from month to month, or need help budgeting energy costs, try the Balanced Payment Plan. It levels out your monthly payments so if your energy usage changes significantly from season to season, you don’t see big spikes on your bills.
How the Balanced Payment Plan works
- We average your annual energy costs over the last 12 months to determine a monthly payment amount.
- We adjust your monthly amount once every four months if your actual energy usage has significantly changed over a 12-month period.
- Once you are enrolled, the Balanced Payment Plan takes effect on your next billing cycle.
- The program is optional with no fee to enroll. You can request to begin or end participation at any time.
It's easy to enroll
There are several no-hassle ways to sign up for the Balanced Payment Plan.
- Sign up via your online PG&E account.
- Don't have an account? Go directly to the enrollment form.
- Call us at 1-800-743-5000.
- Stop by any of our local offices and speak with a customer service representative.
Need more information?
Find out approximately how much you would pay if you were on the Balanced Payment Plan.
You said it
"I've really enjoyed the Balanced Payment Plan. We try to budget pretty strictly in my family. It helps when you know what your bill is going to be—at least approximately—every month."
—Residential customer, Fresno, CA