Time-of-Use (Peak Pricing 4-9 P.M. Weekdays) E-TOU-B
This rate plan offers lower prices during periods of the day when energy costs are lower—before 4 p.m. and after 9 p.m. on weekdays and during all hours on weekends and most holidays.
How it works:
- The price you pay changes based on the time of day, the day of the week, and the season:
- Peak (highest price) – 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday (except most holidays)
- Off-Peak (lowest price) – before 4 p.m. and after 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and all hours on weekends and most holidays
- Eight months (October through May) have lower prices than the four months of summer (June through September).
- Unlike the Time-of-Use Rate Plan 3-8 p.m., there is no Baseline Allowance on this rate plan.
What it means for you:
- You have the opportunity to save money if you can reduce your energy usage overall and especially during the higher-priced (peak) hours.
- This Time-of-Use rate plan (E-TOU-B) may be more attractive for higher energy users, because the price of electricity is lower than E-TOU-A once your monthly electricity usage exceeds the Tier 1 amount (Baseline Allowance).