Pacific Gas and Electric Company is dedicated to building safer, more resilient communities for our coworkers and our customers with a program of charitable giving that addresses critical social, educational and environmental challenges, helping to ensure a safe, prosperous and inclusive future for all Californians.
This charitable program reflects a deep commitment to the safety and well-being of the communities we serve, rooted in the fundamental goals of supporting People, Planet and Prosperity. Charitable contributions aim to make meaningful impact in the following four areas of focus:
- Emergency Preparedness and Safety
- Education and Workforce Development
- Economic and Community Vitality
In 2020, PG&E, together with The PG&E Corporation Foundation (an independent private foundation whose primary sponsor is PG&E), contributed a total of $17.5 million to more than 600 nonprofit organizations throughout Northern and Central California.
View a complete list of organizations which received charitable contributions in 2020 (PDF, 248 KB).
Learn more about our Better Together Program from 2020 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
PG&E and The PG&E Corporation Foundation’s Charitable Giving Programs
We are proud of the difference we've made, and continue to make, in the lives of our fellow Californians. In 2021, PG&E and The PG&E Corporation Foundation will continue several signature initiatives, including:
- Partnerships with organizations including the California Fire Foundation to expand access to emergency preparedness education and tools, training and resources to first responders.
- Programs funded by PG&E and The PG&E Corporation Foundation supporting STEM scholarships, internships, mentorships and Better Together Investing in California Youth with Oakland Promise and Stockton Scholars.
- Environmental education, climate adaptation and Better Together Resilient Communities.
- Partnerships with food banks, organizations serving seniors, community foundations and others to bolster the safety net of resources for our most vulnerable customers, particularly in light of the impacts of COVID-19. Learn more about our community response to the COVID-19 crisis (PDF, 103 KB)
- Contributions addressing inequalities in technology and internet access for public schools in our communities, made more urgent by reliance on distance learning during the pandemic.
- Contributions from PG&E and The PG&E Corporation Foundation supporting communities impacted by wildfires with immediate relief, and as they recover and rebuild, and addressing increased wildfire risk with public safety education and preparedness programs. In 2020, wildfire relief contributions totaled $1 million.
We look forward to making a difference with these and other signature programs, as well as our local community contributions programs in the coming year.
The 2021 charitable cycle is now open. Please contact the PG&E Community Relations team or a local contact in your community with questions about the program or to inquire about funding opportunities this year.