Individuals posing as PG&E employees or contractors may try to access your account information or enter your home. Protect your home or business with these tips:
- Always ask to see an ID before allowing anyone who claims to be a PG&E representative inside your home. PG&E employees always carry identification. They are always willing to show them to you.
- Call the PG&E Customer Service line at 1-800-743-5000 if someone presents a PG&E identification and you still feel uneasy. You can use this number to verify a PG&E-scheduled service appointment or PG&E presence in the area.
- For scheduled PG&E service appointments, you will receive an automated or personal call from a gas service representative prior to a scheduled visit.
- If you’re concerned about a call regarding a past-due bill, service request or a request for personal information, call PG&E at 1-800-743-5000.
- PG&E never solicits personal information, banking information, credit card numbers or gift card numbers over the phone. If a caller asks for this information, or if you give out credit card or checking account information, report the incident to the credit card company, bank or the police, right away.