Save money with energy-efficiency programs
Earn customized incentives for your business
Save energy and money with PG&E energy-efficiency programs. Install high-efficiency equipment and systems to help reduce your peak demand in kilowatts (kW) and annual energy use (kWh and therm) and receive cash incentive payments.
Calculated Incentives Rates
To code / Standard practice
Above code / Standard practice
Learn about eligibility and project requirements
- You must be a PG&E business customer and pay the Public Purpose Program (PPP) charge on your electric and/or natural gas energy statement.
- Complete the current PG&E Customized Incentives and Automated Demand Response Incentive Program application.
Download the CALCULATED INCENTIVES FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND AUTOMATED DEMAND RESPONSE PROGRAM APPLICATION (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Email or mail your application form to your PG&E representative, or mail your completed form to the address on the application.
- Submit a project application that demonstrates energy savings that earn an incentive of at least $5,000.
- Agree to allow PG&E to inspect and approve your project before you remove old equipment or systems and before you order, or install new equipment or systems.
- Certify compliance with permit and license requirements according to the following guidelines.
Download the Incentive Recipient Certification of Contractor License and Permits for Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Customized Incentive Projects (PDF, 100 KB)
- If your project includes heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) replacement measures, the licensed HVAC contractor performing your installation or overseeing your project must also certify compliance according to the following guidelines.
Download the Contractor Certification of HVAC Permits and License for Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Customized Incentive Projects (PDF, 370 KB)
Examples of eligible projects and products
- Interior and exterior LED lighting retrofits
- Chiller replacements
- Additions of variable-speed drives
- Boiler replacements
Section 1 of the procedures manual has additional examples.
Download the Statewide Customized Offering Procedures Manual for Business (PDF, 1.3 MB)
Total incentive payments are based on actual reductions in energy use. You or your consultants may sponsor projects with this approach. Contact PG&E before you start so that we can help you get the right application forms and confirm your eligibility. We can also give you advice on the technical aspects of your application and walk you through the process. PG&E finalizes your incentive amounts after approving your project. Your incentive amount may vary from the submitted amount.
Statewide Customized Offering Manual
Download any of the following files for more information:
Get more information from the following:
Get 0 percent-interest loans through the PG&E Energy Efficiency Financing program for your eligible retrofits, including lighting, HVAC and refrigeration projects. Commercial customers can borrow up to $100,000, and government agencies can borrow up to $250,000. Loans are repaid through your monthly energy statement.
Install and use Demand Response equipment, and earn discounts based on the peak-load reduction you deliver. Learn more about the PG&E Automated Demand Response Program.