Automate your energy controls
What is Automated Demand Response?
Automated Demand Response is an easy way to increase energy and cost savings by automating the energy controls of your choice, no matter what industry sector you’re in. Automated Demand Response can also help you reach your sustainability goals through credits towards LEED, NetZero and more. To learn more about energy management solutions available for business customers, visit PG&E's Automated Demand Response partner site.
Contact our Automated Demand Response team to request a free assessment of your facility that will help you identify potential energy-reduction strategies. Call the team at 1-855-866-2205 or email them at email@example.com. Or, consult your PG&E Account Manager.
Request more information for your business
How does Automated Demand Response pay?
You’ll get up to 75% off implementation costs and a $200 incentive per kW. If you use the Standard Application, you’ll receive 60% upon completion of installation and validation of equipment. You’ll receive the remaining 40% after participation in one demand response season. If you use the FastTrack Application, you’ll receive 100% of the deemed incentive.
Who is eligible?
You must be a customer who 1) receives electric services from PG&E, 2) has a PG&E interval meter on-site, 3) has an existing service account with at least 12 months billing and usage history and 4) is enrolled in an eligible PG&E Demand Response program such as:
PEAK DAY PRICING (PDP)
CAPACITY BIDDING PROGRAM (CBP)
DEMAND RESPONSE AUCTION MECHANISM (DRAM)
EXCESS SUPPLY PILOT (XSP)
SUPPLY SIDE II PILOT (SSP)
What are the benefits?
Automated Demand Response pays you rewards whether you’re updating your energy management system or setting up a new one. Automated Demand Response can:
- Offset your project cost with installation and equipment programming at little or no cost to you.
- Shorten your payback time, provide technical help for equipment installation and customize strategies for energy savings.
- Provide direct payment or request that your payment be sent to a vendor or contractor.
“With the Automated Demand Response program incentives, we were able to improve operating flexibility at four facilities. The installed systems overlaid existing facility controls, and allowed for additional capabilities over our existing equipment.”
Senior Vice President for Sustainability, Kilroy Realty
“With so many pumps involved, capital costs were a concern. Funding from PG&E’s Automated Demand Response program allowed us to move the project forward and covered most of the equipment and installation costs.”
Chief Executive Officer, Capay Farms
“PG&E’s Automated Demand Response incentive program made it possible to install automation equipment and major control system upgrades, which improved the flexibility of our operations.”
Electrical Engineer, Berrenda Mesa Water District
Get more information
If you have questions about the Automated Demand Response program, contact Business Customer Service.
Residential customers who have purchased a smart thermostat may be eligible for up to $120 in rebates from PG&E if your thermostat is an ENERGY STAR® certified model and you are on or join an energy incentive program. The process time is about 45 days.