Automate your energy controls
What is Automated Demand Response (ADR)?
Automated Demand Response is an easy way for your business to save energy and money no matter the industry. Automated Demand Response lets you automate the energy controls you choose.
- Get up to 75 percent off start-up costs
- Receive $200 incentive per kW for approved projects
- Reach your sustainability goals through credits towards LEED, NetZero and more.
For more information on the application options and process download the program manual (PDF, 1.6 MB).
Request more information for your business
How does Automated Demand Response pay?
Depending on whether the project uses the Standard or FastTrack applications, you can receive either one or two incentive payments and be reimbursed for up to 75% or 100% of eligible ADR project costs.
- With the Standard application:
- Option one requires three years of participation and pays up to 75% of eligible project costs in two separate payments.
- Option two requires five years of participation and pays up to 75% of eligible project costs after a successful project inspection, DR test event and confirmed enrollment in an eligible demand response program.
- With the FastTrack application, you’ll receive 100% of the incentive after a successful project inspection, DR test event and confirmed enrollment in an eligible demand response program.
Who is eligible?
1. You must:
- Receive electric services from PG&E
- Have a PG&E interval meter on-site
- Have an existing service account with at least 12 months billing and usage history
- Be enrolled in a PG&E Demand Response program:
2. ADR control requirements include:
- Operability with OpenADR communication protocols and standards (OpenADR 2.0a or 2.0b)
- Previously demonstrated Demand Response capability
- Manufacturer warranty for a minimum of three years
- Ability to poll SEEload on a one-minute interval
- Ability to set the market context field to recognize all DR Programs which commonly result in either a blank or wildcard character (*) in that field.
What are the benefits?
Automated Demand Response pays you rewards whether you’re updating your energy management system or setting up a new one. Automated Demand Response can:
- Offset your project cost with installation and equipment programming at little or no cost to you.
- Shorten your payback time, provide technical help for equipment installation and customize strategies for energy savings.
- Provide direct payment or request that your payment be sent to a vendor or contractor.
“With the Automated Demand Response program incentives, we were able to improve operating flexibility at four facilities. The installed systems overlaid existing facility controls, and allowed for additional capabilities over our existing equipment.”
Senior Vice President for Sustainability, Kilroy Realty
“With so many pumps involved, capital costs were a concern. Funding from PG&E’s Automated Demand Response program allowed us to move the project forward and covered most of the equipment and installation costs.”
Chief Executive Officer, Capay Farms
“PG&E’s Automated Demand Response incentive program made it possible to install automation equipment and major control system upgrades, which improved the flexibility of our operations.”
Electrical Engineer, Berrenda Mesa Water District