Navigating the Electric Service Provider resource center
Get PG&E Direct Access documents
This page links to documents that an Electric Service Provider (ESP) must complete and submit as a part of the Direct Access (DA) sign-up process. We require specific forms for different types of services that ESPs provide to their DA customers.
Download our Electric (ESP) Handbook
Get details on how to become an ESP and continue service with us, including details on the set-up process, billing process and continuing service as an ESP (electric nominations). Download Electric ESP Handbook (PDF, 358 KB).
Download our DA forms
Complete and submit the following DA forms as needed:
- Customer Information Release. Obtain confidential information from PG&E only after your customers complete this form. Download Electric Sample Form No. 79-1095 (PDF, 419 KB).
- Electric Service Provider Service Agreement. Submit this service agreement form before participating in DA with PG&E. Download Electric Sample Form No. 79-948 (PDF, 183 KB).
- Electric Service Provider Information Sheet. Complete this form before participating in DA with PG&E. Download Energy Service Provider Information Sheet (PDF, 95 KB).
Download our Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) forms
Complete and submit the following EDI forms as needed:
- EDI Trading Partner Agreement. Complete this form to sign up for consolidated ESP billing services. Download Electric Sample Form No. 79-861 (PDF, 179 KB).
- EDI Trading Partner Setup Form. Complete this form to create an electronic data exchange with PG&E, using EDI protocol. Download EDI Trading Partner Setup Form (PDF, 11 KB).
Download our Meter Data Management Agent (MDMA) form
This form provides instructions on how to become a qualified MDMA. Download Instructions On Qualifying As A Meter Data Management Agent (MDMA) (PDF, 240 KB).
Download our billing worksheets and requirements
The following documents provide information about our consolidated billing options, services and requirements:
- Direct Access Consolidated Billing Options Worksheet. Complete this worksheet to provide DA consolidated billing services. Download Direct Access Consolidated Billing Options Worksheet (PDF, 197 KB).
- PG&E Bill Format for ESP Consolidated Billing. This sample form features the presentation and regulatory requirements for PG&E bills. Download PG&E Bill Format Consolidated ESP Billing (PDF, 180 KB).
- PG&E Consolidated Billing Pricing Worksheet. Complete this worksheet to make changes to the energy billing rates that we use to calculate DA customer bills. Download PG&E-Consolidated Billing Pricing Worksheet (PDF, 301 KB).
Download our ESP Credit Application
Complete and submit our ESP Credit Application before participating in DA with PG&E. Download Pacific Gas and Electric Company ESP Credit Application (PDF, 195 KB).