Pole top antenna access
Find out who’s qualified to access pole top antennas
PG&E allows access to pole tops on its solely or jointly owned poles infrastructure in accordance with the rules and requirements of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Qualified companies (Commercial Mobile Radio Service [CMRS] carriers) may start the request for information and access process once they execute our master license agreement.
Download a master license agreement (PDF, 1.4 MB)
To complete an agreement, contact the Joint Utilities Department at email@example.com.
Review the information-request and application processes
Once you’ve entered into a master license agreement with PG&E, follow these steps:
Request for Information Process
Request for Access Process
- Submit Exhibit A (PDF, 522 KB) – Request for Access Form – with PG&E map, marked with the desired pole, and as applicable submit construction drawings through Customer Connect Online.
- Pay engineering advance.
- Schedule pre-flight process with job owner.
- If pole is approved, execute contract and submit payment to PG&E.
- PG&E coordinates construction with customer when payment is received and dependencies are met.
- When construction is complete applicant send signed Exhibit A part 3 to PG&E, and the pole top antenna request is complete.
Learn about PG&E’s standards
Any companies doing work on PG&E pole tops must be PG&E approved.
Companies must also comply with PG&E’s pole top antenna installation standards. You’ll receive the latest version once you’ve executed a master license agreement and a non-disclosure agreement. Note that the standards are updated from time to time.
Download the PG&E Nondisclosure and Use of Information Agreement (PDF, 76 KB)
In addition to the above, any company entering into a master license agreement with PG&E agrees to meet all construction and safety standards prescribed by the master license agreement, including CPUC – General Order 128 and those that PG&E may prescribe now and at any point in the future.
Get more information
For general information about the pole top access request process, and to inquire about establishing a master license agreement, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org