After confirming that you satisfy the eligibility criteria noted above, we recommend completing some pre-work before applying. This ensures you can move smoothly through the application process.
- Read the terms and conditions. This is the most important task to start early. Terms will need to be approved by the proper individuals at your site, and typically take time to review.
- Read the sample easement. A final easement will be created based on your site's final design.
- Think about layout. Where will the chargers be located? Any options must satisfy Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Determine your ownership model. The chargers can be owned by you or PG&E. Review the ownership options to see which option is best for you.
- Evaluate your budget for chargers. Upfront costs range from no cost to roughly $40,000 for a bank of 10 standard chargers, but will vary by site and the hardware selected. Review our cost structure and approved list of vendors to determine what your costs may be.
- Find a copy of a recent PG&E bill. There is account information on it you will need to reference.
Done with the pre-work? Apply now!