Economic Development Rate
Find out if your business is eligible
Created to help grow jobs in California, our Economic Development Rate (EDR) gives special discounts for businesses that require high-energy loads to operate, or continue operating, in California. If your new or existing, commercial or industrial business meets the following requirements, you may be eligible for this rate:
- New businesses with electric loads of at least 200 kilowatts (kW) that can’t be based in California without an Economic Development Rate.
- Existing businesses that add or retain at least 200 kW of electric load and would have to cease operating in California without the Economic Development Rate.
- Existing businesses that add or retain at least 200 kW of electric load and would have to relocate outside of California without an Economic Development Rate.
Learn the difference between standard and enhanced rates
Our Economic Development Rate is divided into two discount tiers, based on the location of your business:
- Standard Rate. This rate offers a 12 percent discount on electric rates for five years. Businesses throughout the PG&E service territory are eligible.
- Enhanced Rate. This rate offers a 30 percent discount on electric rates for five years, in cities and counties where the unemployment rate is at least 25 percent higher than the state average.
Review PG&E’s Economic Development Rate by city and county. Download the EDR map (PDF, 228KB).