Capacity Bidding Program
Capacity Bidding Program (CBP) overview
Make a bid to use less energy with CBP
This monthly reward encourages your business to reduce its energy use by an amount you agree to when it reaches a defined threshold.
Compare program benefits
When you participate in CBP, you get:
- Freedom to decide each month if you want to commit to reducing your load
- Aggregator-designed acquisition, marketing, sales and retention programs for your business
- Either Day-Ahead or Day-Of Curtailment options
- Pay based on your agreement with your aggregator
View eligibility requirements
To participate in CBP, you must:
- Have an interval meter (MV90 or SmartMeter™)
- Be on a commercial, industrial or agricultural rate schedule
- Be a Bundled, Direct Access (DA), Community Choice Aggregation (CCA), Partial Standby, Net Metered or Auto Demand Response (ADR) customer
You aren’t eligible if you:
- Receive electric power from WAPA or other third parties that are not DA or CCA
- Are a Full-Standby customer
- Are on a residential rate schedule
- Are on NEMCCSF rate schedule
Get a list of participating aggregators and more program information, such as how to enroll in CBP. Visit Capacity Bidding Program (CBP).
Use our online energy management tool to view data from your electric interval meter so that you can identify problems, make adjustments and save money on your energy statement.