Automate your energy controls
What is Automated Demand Response?
Automated Demand Response is an easy way to increase energy and cost savings by automating the energy controls of your choice, no matter what industry sector you’re in. Automated Demand Response can also help you reach your sustainability goals through credits towards LEED, NetZero and more.
Use our short email form to request an Automated Demand Response assessment of your facility. We’ll help you identify potential energy-reduction strategies.
Request an assessment
How does Automated Demand Response pay?
You’ll get up to 75% off implementation costs and a $200 incentive per kW. If you use the Standard Application, you’ll receive 60% upon completion of installation and validation of equipment. You’ll receive the remaining 40% after participation in one demand response season. If you use the FastTrack Application, you’ll receive 100% of the deemed incentive.
Who is eligible?
You must be a customer who 1) receives electric services from PG&E, 2) has a PG&E interval meter on-site, 3) has an existing service account with at least 12 months billing and usage history and 4) is enrolled in an eligible PG&E Demand Response program such as:
PEAK DAY PRICING (PDP)
CAPACITY BIDDING PROGRAM (CBP)
DEMAND RESPONSE AUCTION MECHANISM (DRAM)
EXCESS SUPPLY PILOT (XSP)
SUPPLY SIDE II PILOT (SSP)
What are the benefits?
Automated Demand Response pays you rewards whether you’re updating your energy management system or setting up a new one. Automated Demand Response can:
- Offset your project cost with installation and equipment programming at little or no cost to you.
- Shorten your payback time, provide technical help for equipment installation and customize strategies for energy savings.
- Provide direct payment or request that your payment be sent to a vendor or contractor.
Automated Demand Response is expanding
The Automated Demand Response program has been successful and will soon expand to smaller businesses and residential customers:
- If you’re a small or medium business, our SMB Managed Energy Program Pilot can help your business get energy bill savings every month. To participate, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re a residential customer, take advantage of incentives for smart thermostats or other connected devices that help reduce energy costs at home. To learn more, email us at email@example.com.
“With the Automated Demand Response program incentives, we were able to improve operating flexibility at four facilities. The installed systems overlaid existing facility controls, and allowed for additional capabilities over our existing equipment.”
Senior Vice President for Sustainability, Kilroy Realty
“With so many pumps involved, capital costs were a concern. Funding from PG&E’s Automated Demand Response program allowed us to move the project forward and covered most of the equipment and installation costs.”
Chief Executive Officer, Capay Farms
“PG&E’s Automated Demand Response incentive program made it possible to install automation equipment and major control system upgrades, which improved the flexibility of our operations.”
Electrical Engineer, Berrenda Mesa Water District