Reduce your store's energy costs
Reach your business goals with our grocer programs and solutions
As you focus on key priorities like lowering your operating costs, maintaining your store’s appearance and increasing customer satisfaction, our energy efficiency programs, products and partners can help you make the right energy efficiency improvements and meet your business objectives.
Our proven experience, grocery programs and key products can:
- Provide long-term operating cost savings.
- Highlight your products with efficient lighting and refrigeration cases.
- Increase your customers’ comfort and help you provide a more satisfying shopping experience.
- Keep your facilities running more reliably and profitably.
Explore grocery programs
Take advantage of grocery programs to improve your store’s energy efficiency.
The experts at EnergySmart Grocer can help you prioritize and manage your store’s next energy improvement. Find complete solutions designed specifically for grocery stores.
Upgrade your grocery store to high performance LED lighting.
Find the right solutions for your grocery business
Optimize your store’s energy efficiency with these solutions.
Get tips for reducing operational costs through energy efficiency
Follow these energy-saving tips to lower your operational costs:
- Install door closers on walk-in refrigerators to help ensure that the doors close tightly each time the door is opened.
- Add evaporator-fan controllers and efficient fan motors in cases and walk-ins.
- Replace shaded-pole fan motors with electronically commutated motors (ECMs) to reduce electricity use in refrigerated cases.
Explore our energy efficiency tips and instructions. Visit Tips and How To’s.
Find success stories and additional resources
Get ideas on how to improve your store’s energy efficiency and boost profits from the stories and resources in this section.
Learn how a customer leveraged zero percent interest with PG&E On-Bill Financing
The Mill Valley Market secured a zero percent interest loan through PG&E to upgrade the store’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) compressor and condenser. The market also retrofitted the store’s low-temperature display cases with anti-sweat heater controls. The grocer plans to use the energy savings to pay off the loan in less than five years.