Improve customer comfort while saving money
Discover our energy-saving food service programs
Each year, the food service industry spends $10 billion on energy. Up to 80 percent of the energy is wasted by inefficient equipment. We can help you earn money back and reduce your operating costs by improving energy efficiency.
Start today by checking out our rebates guide. Visit Are Inefficient Kitchen Appliances Costing You Money?
Let us help you prioritize and manage the next energy improvement at your facility. Find comprehensive retrofit solutions for lodging and casinos.
This program can help your restaurant upgrade or retrofit to high-performance LED lighting. We can help you choose the improvements that will make the most difference to your business.
Find the right solutions for your food service business
Explore these solutions for saving energy in your food service business:
- Accent and directional lighting
- Exterior area lighting
- Commercial fryers and griddles
- Commercial ovens (rack, conveyor, and convection)
- Commercial steam cookers and combination ovens/steamers
- Demand control kitchen ventilation
- Low-flow, pre-rinse spray valves
- Ice machines
Get energy-saving tips for restaurants and kitchens
Follow these tips for greater energy efficiency:
- Ask the expert. Get a customized report on the ways your business can save energy from the consultants at the PG&E Food Service Technology Center. Visit PG&E Food Service Technology Center.
- Take the Do It Yourself Energy Survey (PDF, 2.7 MB). Opens in new Window..
- Exchange existing lighting with energy-efficient LED and fluorescent lamps.
- Replace standard efficiency ovens and fryers with energy-efficient models.
- Equip walk-in cooler and freezer doors with automatic door closers. Install electronically commutated (ECM) fan motors and fan controllers.
Explore energy-wise ways to save
Check out these additional ways to save: